Home » Other » Marketplace » Sr. Oracle DBA with RAC
Sr. Oracle DBA with RAC [message #107200] Mon, 13 September 2004 08:20 Go to next message
Scott Schoneman - Oracle
I am currently staffing a Sr. Oracle DBA for our Advanced Technology Solutions Practice.  We are looking for an experienced professional with extensive RAC experience.

We seek a Sr. Oracle DBA with RAC and 5+ years experience in the Database Administration.  This individual can be based anywhere in the US and be available to travel 100%. 

Must be authorized to work permanently in the United States.

Scott Schoneman
Oracle Corporation Recruitment
Technology Business Unit
Voice: 630.547.0077
Cell: 314.913.1240
eFax: 443.628.0083
scott.schoneman@oracle.com
Re: Sr. Oracle DBA with RAC [message #107208 is a reply to message #107200] Tue, 14 September 2004 06:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Peter Shankey
SUMMARY:
Over ten years experience in the management of computer systems. The majority of this time has been spent in System Administration and Database Administration tasks. The majority of the DBA tasks have consisted of database setup, performance and tuning, space management and database backup and recovery. Furthermore, DBA tasks have often included script and SQL writing. Some of the system administration tasks have consisted of TCP/IP communications, script and program writing, capacity planning, system performance, system backup and recovery.

DATABASE EXPERIENCE:
My duties have consisted of the following on Oracle and Informix:
· Query (SQL) creation
· Query (SQL) performance
· PL/SQL procedure and trigger creation
· Database tuning
· Database installation
· Database Upgrades
· Database Patches
· Database troubleshooting
· Data Warehouse and Data Mart management.
· Backup and Recovery with and without RMAN, Veritas and Legato
· ETL, from various databases and platforms such as DB2 on Mainframes to MS Access on NT
· Ad-Hoc report generation
· Interfacing with application programmers
· Space management
· Network connection, configuration and maintenance
· Web interfaces to databases
· JAVA development
· Remote support via dial-up and Internet connections
· General database maintenance
· Performed both physical and logical database design
· Proficient with Oracle versions 7, 8, 8i & 9i
· End-User support

OPERATING SYSTEM EXPERIENCE:
My duties have consisted of the following on Sun Solaris, IBM AIX and RedHat Linux:
· Script writing and maintenance using PERL.
· Script writing and maintenance using the Bourne and Korn shells
· System performance
· Backup and Recovery, using OS utilities and Legato
· Drive configuration on EMC
· Drive configuration using independent disks
· System peripheral setup and maintenances
· Printer setup and maintenance
· NIS setup and maintenances
· UNIX and NT interoperability using SAMBA
· NFS setup and maintenance
· X-Windows configuration
· End-User support

LAN/WAN EXPERIENCE:
My duties have consisted of the following:
· TCP/IP number management
· DHCP server management
· Intranet DNS management
· TCP/IP connectivity troubleshooting
My past LAN/WAN experience consists of all of the above in addition to:
· Network design
· Router configuration
· Router setup
· Network design
· IPX configuration and management

INTERNET CONNECTIVITY EXPERIENCE:
My duties have consisted of the following:
· Firewall management
· Firewall rule writing
· Firewall auditing
· Internet security
· Troubleshooting Internet connectivity
· Public DNS
· Internet Email

EDUCATION:
Certificate in Computer Networking Operations from Trident Technical College Charleston, SC in 05/95
Oracle Certified Professional (OCP)
Classes from vendors such as Oracle, Sun Microsystems, IBM
Novell Certified, CNE and CNA
Naval Electronic Schools

WORK EXPERIENCE (DETAILED):
12/03-8/04 Vologic Inc – Dallas, TX
Database Administrator
DBA tasks consist of end-to-end management of 10 Oracle OLTP databases two of which are in an RAC configuration. I am also tasked with the setup, configuration and maintenance of the Mid-Tier application servers. The application servers are Oracle 9iAS-R1 and 9iAS-R2. The application servers run on both Windows and UNIX. Vologic is a software development shop. The product is an Oracle Forms/Reports application, which allows for the management of health insurance clients. Therefore, I work closely with the developers on the maintenance and updating of the application code. The tools are Oracle Designer, Oracle Forms Builder and Oracle Reports Builder. Additionally, I am evolved in maintenance of the repositories, which hold the objects the Designer uses.
Development tasks consisted of JAVA, SQL, PL/SQL development and Script creation and maintenance. The PL/SQL and SQL modules were developed using the Designer tool. All of the code I developed I had to ensure was optimally tuned before moving it into production. Additionally I was involved in the ERD development. Due to my other tasking I spent about 15% of my time doing development work of that I spent about 4% of my time working on JAVA code.

3/03-12/03 Sub-Contractor for IBM Global Services – Garland, TX
Database Administrator
DBA tasks consist of management of 35 Oracle databases. The sizes of the database ranged from just a couple of gigabytes up to several terabytes. The databases are housed on Sun (Solaris), IBM (AIX) HP (HP-UX) and Win2k. Several of the systems use EMC for storage. Most of the systems use OEM drive arrays. Some of the systems used Veritas, however most used the disk management tools that are provided with the operating system. All of the databases are managed remotely from my home in Garland TX. The connection to the systems and databases was made via the Internet and VPN’s. The databases have different purposes; a list would be imaging, manufacturing, drug development and research. The manufacturing databases are basically OLTP databases while the research are OLAP databases. The drug development databases consisted of mainly LOB data. The backups use Unix scripts, RMAN scripts, Legato, Veritas and ADSM. Day to day tasks primarily consist of script writing, performance monitoring and tuning, PL/SQL and SQL writing. Other tasks consist of database creation, upgrades, patches and data loading.

Additional tasking, about 12% was devoted to development tasks. I wrote some specialize SQL and PL/SQL to supplement the functionality of vendor’s applications. The experience I gained was very good in that I learned to look at other’s work with little or no documentation and add value to the application. Finally I wrote a large number of shell scripts. The shell scripts I wrote and maintained had the requirement of having to work on all the flavors of UNIX supported.

6/95-12/02 SCT/ACS/BRI INC. - Charleston, S.C.
Database Administrator, Senior Systems Programmer
DBA tasks were done for both Oracle and Informix databases running on UNIX platforms. Most notably the databases run: Charleston County’s Intranet, HR, general ledger, payroll, procurement, and Computer Aided Mass Appraisal (CAMA) systems. These databases are accessed using both web and client/server interfaces. Common tasks have included ETL projects. The data has been in many different formats on different platforms. UNIX system administrator duties are being performed on Solaris, Linux and AIX systems. The system administrator position also consists of firewall management and UNIX to NT connectivity using the Samba open-source program. The DBA and system administrator positions have been held since March of ninety-six. Before March of ninety-six the position consisted of configuring and troubleshooting various pieces of LAN equipment such as hubs, bridges, routers, and gateways. Additionally, the position required the management of network file servers (Novell 3.1x, 4.1 and OS/2 LAN Server) and workstations.
My additional tasks consisted of table design, SQL and report generation. Most of the time this was working with the HR and GL modules of the accounting package. I would be required to determine the end-users requirements and create the necessary objects required to satisfy the requirement. I also performed some ETL work at Charleston County. I spent about 9% of my time working on ETL projects. The ETL projects consisted of extracting data from some other source and loading it into an Oracle database. Finally I did some JAVA programing. The JAVA programs were mainly specialized applications used in ETL work. I spent about 3% of my time working on JAVA programs.

PREVIOUS POSITIONS HELD:
9/94-6/95 MSA INC. - Charleston, S.C.
Systems Analyst

8/86-9/94 TDS INC. - Charleston, S.C.
Electronics Technician

7/85-8/86 United Telespectrum - Charleston, S.C.
Electronics Technician

3/84-7/85 Radio Communications of Charleston – Charleston S.C.
Electronics Technician

5/80-11/83 U.S. Navy
Electronics Warfare Technician
Re: Sr. Oracle DBA with RAC [message #107583 is a reply to message #107208] Thu, 04 November 2004 01:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jitendra kumar
sir
please give me step by step procedure to install RAC on o.s. Win-2000 server.
thanks
bye
Re: Sr. Oracle DBA with RAC [message #107814 is a reply to message #107208] Thu, 02 December 2004 10:14 Go to previous message
Randy Kishun
Kumar,

For the "Oracle DBA - NYC" opportunity, you will have to take the following tests:
Oracle Admin Test - USA-45 minutes
Oracle PL/SQL Test - USA-25 minutes

Please click on the following link, then register as a new user...Once completed you would be able to proceed to the test: http://www.ip-soft.net/career/login.cgi?jobID=6

Please let me know if you need any additional assistance.

Good Luck!

Randy Kishun
Recruitment Manager- IPsoft, Inc.
Seventeen State Street, 12th Floor
New York, NY 10004
Direct: 212.440.5525
Randy.Kishun@ip-soft.net
Previous Topic: Oracle DBA
Next Topic: Trainer for PL1
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 23:57:10 CDT 2024