Home » Other » Marketplace » DBA Contract Position (Long Term) - Maryland
DBA Contract Position (Long Term) - Maryland [message #106855] Wed, 19 May 2004 11:01 Go to next message
Tim Hughes
Send resume, plus all inclusive rate to: tim@enterprisepartners.net

Duration: Indefinite
Rate: DOE

Position: DBA - Oracle

Technical Environment: This position requires 8+ year of experience as an Oracle database administrator: Oracle 8i and 9i.
Must have experience with UNIX file systems and scripting languages.
Must have a strong working knowledge of SQL, PL/SQL, import, export, Business Copy, Shell scripting and SQL*Net.
Knowledge of Windows 2000 and Oracle Gateway products preferred.
Must have experience working with large databases (100+ gig), a working knowledge of performance monitoring tools (Enterprise Manager, HP OVO, Quest, Business Copy, Shell Scripting, etc.) and a deep understanding of application and performance tuning techniques.
Must be flexible and willing to work on a variety of tasks on a 24x7 basis.
Must have experience with COTS implementations.
Must work well in large groups with the ability to analyze, design and execute detailed project and implementation plans.

Size of Group: 8-24

Job Description: (Day to day duties)
Oracle DBA Responsible for Disaster Recovery (DR) environment: analyze, design, testing and implement.

Create new databases and migrate existing databases to alternate locations.
Design DR database structures as necessary for application requirements.
Script and execute backup and recovery of databases and database software.
Develop capacity and performance metrics; maintain, analyze, and report on a scheduled periodic basis to management.
Set up and implement database security.
Develop database statistics and tune databases.
Code, and implement UNIX based jobs in DR production environment.
Install and upgrade Oracle database software and tools, on the designated DR server and client computers.
Design, test and implement the configuration of the instances and databases.
Maintain Data Models: Use tools such as Erwin, Model Mart, Designer to design, test and implement the logical
and physical databases.
Design archive strategy for large databases; establish partitioning algorithms.
Implement upgrade third party database tools and applications software as required for DR environment.

"Must Haves"

8+ year of experience as an Oracle database administrator on large Oracle 8i and 9i databases (100+ gig).
Experience with UNIX file systems and scripting languages.
Strong working knowledge of SQL, PL/SQL, import, export, Business Copy, Shell scripting and SQL*Net.
Working knowledge of performance monitoring tools (Enterprise Manager, HP OVO, Quest, etc.) and a deep understanding of application and performance tuning techniques.

Must be flexible and willing to work on a variety of tasks on a 24x7 basis. Must have experience with COTS implementations.
Must work well in large groups with the ability to analyze, design and execute detailed project and implementation plans.
Some knowledge of Windows 2000 and Oracle Gateway products preferred.
Re: DBA Contract Position (Long Term) - Maryland [message #106923 is a reply to message #106855] Sat, 26 June 2004 14:28 Go to previous message
Waheed rashwan
Dear Sir,

I am intersted in working as Oracle DBA for your organization.

As you will notice from the bottom resume, I am egyptian, 32 years old, with 10 years experience.
Though I am satisfied with my present job, I’d be willing to change my employer and realocate . I am flexible, can work under pressure, and would appreciate a decent offer.

Thank you for your kind consideration hopping to hear soon from you.

Home phone : 00966-03- 8329377
Mobile : 00966-057962668
Email : wahras@hotmail.com
: wahras@yahoo.com

Telephone: (Home) 8329377 (Mob) 0507962668 E-mail WAHRAS@YAHOO.COM
WAHEED RASHWAN ALI
Personal Data:
Name : Waheed Rashwan Ali
Address : Egypt Shobra Al Khima – El salam city – 28 ahmed nasar street. Saudi Arabia Jeraisy Company – Dammam
City : Dammam
Date Of Birth : 1972
Religion : Muslim
Marital Status : Married
Home Phone : Egypt (00202) 2211358 – 2216113 Saudi Arabia Mobil (050) 7962668 Home (03) 8329377
E-mail : WAHRAS@YAHOO.COM
: WAHRAS@HOTMAIL.COM

EDUCATION
B.A., Computer Science & Physics Ain Shames University 1990–1994
INTERNATIONAL CERTIFICATE

OCP (ORACLE CERTIFIED PROFISIONAL) IN
ORACLE FORMS DEVELOPER 6/6I
INCLUDE EXAMS
· SQL/PL SQL
· ADVANCED PL SQL
· Build Internet Applications I
· Build Internet Applications II

Qualifications:

§ Experience In Developing Different Database Applications type using Oracle database as engine and Developer 2000 package
§ Experience In creating database program units using SQL - PL/SQL to make integrations between different package
§ Experience In Developing software Supporting tools using visual basic
§ Experience In using different front-end tools, database engines specially oracle database engine.
§ Experience as network administration using Windows 2000 as a platform.

§ 8 Year Experience in Programming Field by Various Languages in different projects.
§ 3 Years Experience in teaching different programming language, operating system (NT, 95,98) and applications (OFFICE 97,OFFICE 2000)
§ Experience in DBA oracle 8i and 9i (backup,recovery,tuning…) in many platform (windows 98,2000,sun Solaris....) and RMAN backup.
§ Experience in Oracle financial administration ( installation, upgrade tuning, AD utility ….) in both platform windows and Unix (Solaris).
§ Experience in installing 11i Application and management of multi-tiered Oracle Applications 11i (11.5.9) infrastructure on Unix Platforms And Windows Platforms.

Experience

SEP. 2001 – Now:
Oracle DBA
Jerasiy Company in Dammam act in project dammam municipality, jubail and ras tanora municipality Responsibilities includes Some Systems (Lands, Building Development,…) , Giant store company using Oracle Data Base , Oracle financial administration tasks in many projects,Oracle dba in solaris platform in wasa project and support for many others project in east region.

Jan. 2000 – SEP. 2001:
Senior Developer And Network Administrator
Safir El zamalek Hotel Company , Responsibilities includes programs using Oracle Data Base , developer 2000 and Visual Basic
Network administrator using platform Windows NT or NetWare.
System supporting.
Design Account system by Oracle language.

Jun. 1998 – Jan. 2000:
Software Developer
Kuwait Real Estate Investment Consortium And Safir El zamalek Hotel Company, Responsibilities includes programs using Oracle Data Base ,Visual Basic 5 , Sql jet and Access Basic.
Network administrator using platform Windows NT or NetWare.
System supporting.

Nov. 1997 – Jun. 1998:
Software Developer
ACT Company Responsibilities includes programs using Oracle Data Base , developer Rel. 2 and Visual Basic

Aug. 1995 – Oct. 1997:
Software Developer
Riyadh Bank Saudi Arabia
· Design and implementing accounting and other software using Clipper and Visual Basic programming language

Languages:
Arabic Native Speaking.
English Good Speaking, Understanding and writing.
Previous Topic: Ixion IxPropagator for Oracle replication
Next Topic: Earn Rs.43000 per month @HOME-eazy jobs 718
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 15:01:11 CDT 2024