Home » Other » Marketplace » Sr Oracle DBA opportunity, Must have 1+ TB
Sr Oracle DBA opportunity, Must have 1+ TB [message #106431] Mon, 04 August 2003 11:00
Al Karaptian
I have the following position that I believe you are a fit for.

Have you administered databases greater than 1 TB in large Enterprise Environments for over 2 years?

Please review the description below. If you are interested, please send me your updated resume (that explains in detail your experience/responsibilities at each employer that match the position requirements including the number and size of databases supported at each employer) as a word document. The number and size of databases and instances responsible for at each employer.
Must have experience with databases greater than 1 TB in large Enterprise Environments for over 2 years (experience must be proven and detailed in resume) databases to be considered. Detail all of your Production DBA responsibilities, detail explanation of Performance Tuning and Monitoring responsibilities and achievements, list the DBA tools and software utilized at each employer, RMAN, Data partitioning, Veritas Quick I/O, Detail purpose and type of shell/perl scripts created and modified. Detail of your experience leading Change Management Processes on the backend for large Production Systems. Resume must be detailed to be considered by hiring manager. I will then call you to tell you all about the company, position and DBA team.

If you are not interested, I was hoping you could help me out and refer me to a Sr Level Oracle DBA (experience w/databases > 1 TB) that you have worked with or know of that would be interested in the following position in Alhambra, CA.

I would greatly appreciate any help you can provide me and would be happy to provide you with a referral fee for any resulting placements.

Salary: $85-100K

A leading Global Internet Company is looking for a VERY Sr Level Oracle DBA. Company has been public for over 3 years, has been profitable for the past 6 Quarters, has YTD Net Income of $18+ million and has $100+ million in cash. Company has over 500 employees globally.

As part of the Oracle DBA team of 5, you will be responsible for Administering 18 Production and 25 Development and Q/A Databases running Oracle 8i. Company is currently managing 120+ Terabytes (single instances of over 15 Terabytes) of data and the size is increasing steadily. The Sr Oracle DBA will be responsible for improving performance/uptime and implementing new products/features. Sr Oracle DBA will be responsible for the partitioning of large data sets. Sr DBA will be responsible for designing and leading the effort to implement the Change Management Process for large high-volume (2+ million transactions/day) backend systems. Sr Oracle DBA will be involved in analyzing, solving and creating solutions for very complex performance tuning situations. Candidate will be required to write extensive SQL and PL/SQL tuning statements and Unix/Perl scripts. Sr DBA will be responsible for very challenging projects. Sr DBA will also be responsible for all administrative tasks, such as: proactive performance tuning and monitoring, trouble-shooting, back-up and recovery, installations and configurations on an as needed basis, apply patches and upgrades. Sr DBA will also be responsible for creating and modifying Unix and Perl scripts to automate DBA tasks. Company is in the process of integrating full Oracle 8i functionality, is running on Linux and Solaris and is performing back-ups on EMC’s Symmetrix, is utilizing Quest's Shareplex for repetition, utilizing RMAN, Veritas’s Quick I/O to load large data sets and OEM for monitoring.

Sr Oracle DBA will report to the Oracle DBA Manager and will work along side 2 Sr Oracle Production DBA’s, 1 Oracle Application DBA and a Sr Database Architect. Company consistently works with bleeding edge technology in order to maintain the highest performing databases.

Company is in position to hire immediately. Qualified candidates can expect to perform a phone interview within 24 hours, in-person interview within 72 hours and, if applicable, an offer immediately following.

The company offers full benefits (PPO & HMO) including dental and vision, 401K, Stock Options and Purchase Plans, 2 weeks vacation, 8 paid sick days, Short and Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, casual dress and flexible work hours that all start upon employment.

REQUIREMENTS:
Must have 5+ years of Oracle DBA experience in very large environments.
Company will ONLY consider candidates that have administered databases greater than 1 TB in large Enterprise Environments for over 2 years (experience must be proven and detailed in resume to be considered: see below for resume detail requirements).
Candidate must have worked with Oracle 8.1x and experience with Oracle 8i/9i is a plus.
Candidate MUST have extensive experience leading Change Management Processes on the backend for large Production Systems (experience must be proven and detailed in resume to be considered: see below for resume detail requirements).
Candidate must be at the expert level in Performance Tuning and Monitoring.
Must be able to write Unix shell scripts and experience writing/modifying Perl scripts is a plus.
Extensive SQL and PL/SQL experience required.
Experience with OEM, DB Artisan, SQL Plus, SQL*Loader, RMAN, server manager, EMC, Quest, Veritas Volume Manager, Quick I/O and NetBackup is a plus.
Oracle Certification is a plus.
Any Linux/Solaris/Unix system administration experience a plus.
Excellent communication skills are a must.

To be considered, MUST include in resume:
The number and size of databases and instances responsible for at each employer.
Must have experience with databases greater than 1 TB in large Enterprise Environments for over 2 years (experience must be proven and detailed in resume) databases to be considered.
Detail all of your Production DBA responsibilities
Detail explanation of Performance Tuning and Monitoring responsibilities and achievements.
List the DBA tools and software utilized at each employer.
Detail purpose and type of shell/perl scripts created and modified.
Detail of your experience leading Change Management Processes on the backend for large Production Systems.
Resume must be detailed to be considered by hiring manager.

PLEASE DO NOT APPLY UNLESS YOU HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH DATABASES GREATER THAN 1 TB IN LARGE ENTERPRISE ENVIRONMENTS FOR OVER 2 YEARS.

Please note that this is an Oracle Production DBA position and Oracle Application DBA’s and Database Architects will not be considered.

Only candidates currently located in Southern California will be interviewed.

*Company is unable to sponsor Visas or perform Corp-to-Corp contracts of H1 Visa holders *
*Company will not offer relocation assistance. *
Previous Topic: Looking for Oracle DBA position
Next Topic: Oracle HRMS contracts for experienced resource
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 16:13:04 CDT 2024