Home » Other » Marketplace » Sr. Oracle DBA w/8i & 9i exp. - Minneapolis
Sr. Oracle DBA w/8i & 9i exp. - Minneapolis [message #106416] Thu, 03 July 2003 20:21
Bill Law
Minneapolis, Minnesota company has a great opportunity available for a Sr. level
Oracle DBA to join their IT staff.

The selected candidate must be highly skilled in solving extremely complex and very
critical customer issues. With preferably over 10 years experience in a large-scale
multi-network open-systems environment, the candidate anticipates and plans for reliability,
availability, and serviceability in the design, development and implementation of
Oracle 8i and 9i solutions.
The candidate will be recognized as a technical authority in the design, analysis,
implementation and integration of large-scale database management systems.

Candidates local to the Minneapolis area are preferred, but any candidate who meets
the qualifications for the position will be considered.

Base Salary is in the 85-100K range plus bonus.

PLEASE Do Not send your resume for this position UNLESS you have the skills
outlined below for this position.

Please Do Not send your resume unless you have a stable work history.
Candidates whose work history includes frequent job changes connot be
considered.

This is a full time staff position so no sub-contractors or third parties
please.

NO H-1B candidates please.

*MUST meet these requirements:
-BS degree in CS or related field.
-8-10 years experience in a large-scale multi-network open-systems environment.
-Very solid Oracle DBA experience..including 8i and 9i.
-Proficient at capacity monitoring and management capabilities, preferably an expert knowledge
of Enterprise Manager 9i (OEM), and STATSPACK.
-Experience performing Oracle installations, upgrades, and supporting Oracle utilities
and services in a variety of operating systems (Solaris, NT, Linux) is required.
-Migration and upgrade experience is essential.
-Expert knowledge of on-line back-up/recovery procedures with "snapshotting" a plus.
-Proficiency with RMAN is essential.
-Ability to work with engineering staff to configure SAN storage for optimal Oracle performance.
-Expert knowledge of UNIX scripting including CRON Jobs, Oracle Stored Procedures, Triggers,
Packages, Real Application Clusters (RAC).
-Performance Tuning and Performance management skills are required, SQL*Plus, PL/SQL,
SQL*Loader, SQL, and UNIX.
-The applicant must have in-depth experience with ER diagramming, data modeling tools,
(erWIN preferred) normalization, de-normalization, database programming and design,
query optimization, index optimization, use of hints. Optimal setup of dblink, views,
and use of Oracle gateway is required. Must understand how to design and tune an Oracle
database to optimize performance for potentially thousands of concurrent, browser-based
users together with ETL processes.
-Excellent written and verbal communications skills with the ability to effectively communicate
technical and business problems/issues in a non-technical manner, strong problem resolution,
analysis, and customer service skills are required.
-Ability to manage multiple tasks with shifting priorities is a necessity.
-Ability to work within a team environment and communicate effectively with other team members
is required.
-Proven mentoring skills to build the strength of the DBA staff.

For immediate consideration, please email your resume as an attachment to:

OraStaff, Inc.
Email: orastaff@mindspring.com
Please Use Job Code: Orafaq/Minn./DBA/MH
Phone: 1-800-549-8502.

I pay referral fees.
So please contact me if you know of anyone who would be qualified/interested
in the
position described above- if it is not a match for your skills.
Thanks.
Previous Topic: JDA Uniface Programmer needed ASAP
Next Topic: Oracle CRM consultant available immediately
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 05:17:23 CDT 2024