Home » Other » Marketplace » Oracle DBA 8i /9i Washington DC
Oracle DBA 8i /9i Washington DC [message #106373] Thu, 15 May 2003 11:08 Go to next message
Barbara Gables
Company URL: http://www.sirc.net
Oracle DBA will provide assistance as needed with design and implementation of an ORACLE client server environment. They shall design and implement ORACLE tables, indexes, views, and space definitions. They shall be responsible for a full range of tasks, to include but not be limited to: initial installation of ORACLE v7.x/8 software and installation of software upgrades on NT and Novell platforms. They shall be responsible for managing ORACLE user accounts, insuring data security, tuning database parameters, and performing backup and recovery procedures. ORACLE DBA’s must have experience with
DEVELOPER/DESIGNER 2000. DBA’s may assist programmer/analysts with linking applications products written in POWERBUILDER and other languages to ORACLE 7.x/8. DBA’s must be familiar with ODBC and how to link client platforms to various servers via ODBC. DBA’s may also assist with linking ORACLE with other databases running on other platforms such as Computer Associates, DATACOM/DB on VSE/ESA.
ORACLE Database Administrators will include the determination of experience and technical education in ORACLE v7+ database administration on networks. The selected ORACLE Database Administrators must have working experience with the following:
- Interpreting ORACLE data dictionary views and tables
- SQL*DBA program
- SQL*LOADER, CRT and export/import
- SQL and PL/SQL
- Knowledge of gateway utilization for access to other databases
- ORACLE tools in Novell LAN or Windows NT environment
- ORACLE security
- Experience in backup and recovery procedures
- Tuning ORACLE.
It is desirable that the DBA’s have experience with:
- Windows NT/2000, Novell NetWare 4.1 and above operating environments
- Experience linking various application products written in POWERBUILDER and/or other languages to ORACLE 7.x/8.x
Re: Oracle DBA 8i /9i Washington DC [message #106407 is a reply to message #106373] Thu, 26 June 2003 11:14 Go to previous message
Avdhesh Sharma
Dear Sir/Madam,

I am OCP and MCA with 3+ years experience of pplication
development and Database Administration.I am dedicated and hard working and willing to learn. I need to
be in an environment where I can learn from others and put into practise what I studied and learned with my experience.

I look forward to working in your esteemed Organization. I enclose a CV and am available for interview at any time to suit you. You can call me any time.

Thank you for taking the time to read this letter.
Yours faithfully

Avdhesh Sharma
91-0141-2731948
Previous Topic: Oracle ERP Consultants - Middle East
Next Topic: Oracle Developer with Cold Fusion-Detroit, MI
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 05:03:30 CDT 2024