Home » Open Source » MySQL » seek info for article on Oracle & MySQL
seek info for article on Oracle & MySQL [message #101979] Sat, 22 December 2001 07:32 Go to next message
Brad Weiner
I'm writing an article for the New York Oracle User's Group newsletter about Oracle and MySQL. I'm looking for open source software experts to interview for the article.

I want to look at how the acceptance in the business world of open source is and will be affecting Oracle shops concerning MYSQL.

- Are there other major companies besides NASA considering an Oracle/MYSQL conversion.
- Are there any advantages to running them at the same shop.
- Is the Oracle push to Linux eventually going to hurt them because once they get comfortable with Linux they'll look at MYSQL

Do you have any knowledge of this subject, or know anyone that does? If you feel knowledgeable on the subject we can do a telephone interview.

I can withhold names from my article but I'll need to know the person's real name and connection to the Oracle world.

Thank you for your time.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: seek info for article on Oracle & MySQL [message #102079 is a reply to message #101979] Sat, 02 February 2002 13:08 Go to previous message
T Davis
Brad, I was wondering if you received any information for your article for Oracle. I'm doing a research paper for my Systems Analysis class and I don't know where to start.

I'm looking for information like who started it, where it came from etc..

Thanks

Tracey Davis
Previous Topic: IMPOERTANT MySQL and Oracle
Next Topic: Re: Data migration Oracle to Mysql
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 06:42:43 CDT 2024