Home » Infrastructure » Other Operating Systems » In D2k report,How to disable "No of copies" option in Print dialog box?
In D2k report,How to disable "No of copies" option in Print dialog box? [message #101782] Fri, 24 December 2004 20:00 Go to next message
Shyamsundar Patel

Dear Friends,

I am working in Oracle/D2k (Developer Version  3.0.5.8.0) . I want to restrict users from taking multiple copies while printing reports from D2k. For that I want to disable just "No. of copies" Option from Print dialog box. How can I Do that? I will call report from D2k Forms( Form version 5.0.6) . Which parameters are useful to achieve solution of above problem? Pls. help me to solve this Problem.
Re: In D2k report,How to disable "No of copies" option in Print dialog box? [message #180472 is a reply to message #101782] Mon, 03 July 2006 15:09 Go to previous message
dude4084
i Know i am replying too late but even then i am posting so that some one else can have idea by my reply.

In my suggestion, you have to proceed as follow

Step-1) create a table named "printing_counter" having fields
Reportname, primarkey_column.

Step-2) when printing button is pressed in form. Check in "printing_counter" whther the row exsist with reportname and primarkey_column for which the printing is being called.
If exsist then give message, already printed and go to step-4
by by-passing step-3 which is basically call to you report

Step-3) call report with dest = 'printer' and copy='1'. In report isert a after report trigger which will insert report name and primarykey_column value in your "printing_counter" so that in future, this report can be printed with same primary key value

Step-4) END

-Dude

Note: I have given u FLOWidea. Please check the HELP for complete refernce and syntax.
Previous Topic: Oracle / JCL
Next Topic: Oracle RDB Loader question
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:43:20 CDT 2024