Home » Infrastructure » Windows » ODBC translation
ODBC translation [message #101084] Thu, 22 April 2004 23:08 Go to next message
Jiri Vejvoda
I plan to use "Oracle ODBC in 817" driver on NT platform to connect application to Oracle database. All is working beautifully when default locale of operating system is compatible with codeset of chars sent to the odbc driver by the application. When they are not compatible, ODBC destroys some characters. I suppose that ODBC driver supposes that characters incomming from the application are members of codeset of system locale and he tries to translate them to the codeset given by NLS_LANG when sending them to oracle net client layer. I would like to inhibit this behaviour. In article "Using the Oracle ODBC Drivers with Third Party Products" by Mark Tomlinson (1999) I have found information that driver can be configured to use external translation library. In accordance with this information my driver has Library and Option fields in section "Translation options" in configuration screen (Library is empty, Oprion is zero). But I have no idea how to use them for inhibiting default translation behaviour. Please give me advice where to found more particular information about this topic, especially about translation library interface in ODBC driver.
Re: ODBC translation [message #132998 is a reply to message #101084] Wed, 17 August 2005 03:55 Go to previous message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
Reported By: koop On: Wed, 17 August 2005 02:02 In topic: ODBC translation
Reason I plan to use "Oracle ODBC in 815" driver on Windows 2003 server platform to connect application to Oracle database. All is working beautifully when default locale of operating system is compatible with codeset of chars sent to the odbc driver b
[Delete Report]
Please do not report to get attention.
Report only if the postiting is inappropriate.
Previous Topic: Windows update seems to wreak havoc on Oracle Database
Next Topic: oo4o & datatable
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:47:08 CDT 2024