Home » Infrastructure » Windows » How to build and call complex queries through ADO
How to build and call complex queries through ADO [message #100637] Tue, 25 March 2003 13:01
Mark R
Hello,

Working with ADO and MS SQL Server, I construct queries on the client, as simple strings of text, and pass them into Recordset.Open or Connection.Execute. Some of the queries are complex, with variable declarations, temp table use, cursors, iteration, ect,... like a big stored procedure, but not one, just a query string. I've been trying to do the same with Oracle, like a PL/SQL block with a declare, begin and end. I can't get any queries to work that would return result sets. It seems that all I can do is updates. I don't want to have to create procedures. I do stateless, one time queries, with the query string built on the client and called via ADO. It seems that only simple SELECT statements work. Does anyone have any advice, examples, documentation, urls, that explain how to build, and call through ADO, these more complex type of queries with cursors, temp tables, variable, begin, end, ect,...

Thank you.
Previous Topic: Using ODBC to connect to DB2
Next Topic: Oracle in Orahome92 ODBC Driver (Registry Permissions For Non Admin Users)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:21:16 CDT 2024