Home » Infrastructure » Windows » Universal Installer does not work ?
Universal Installer does not work ? [message #100216] Tue, 10 September 2002 23:05 Go to next message
khalid ibrawish
hi all ,
I have a p4 computer with two operating system ( WIN98 , WIN XP) , i try to unstall oracle 8i on my pc , i know the problem about the file symcjit.dll for p4 pc , i copy the CD to HD and rename this file to symcjit.old , when i try to install oracle 8i after finishing the source and destination screnn and pressing NEXT , the window flicker and nothing happened then ? , i try this for the two operating systems , but no thing new , please could you help me .
Re: Universal Installer does not work ? [message #100222 is a reply to message #100216] Thu, 12 September 2002 06:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stewart Tebay
The symcjit.dll is not the answer to install oracle installer. Look a my reply for the P4 message about 4 down from this one.

The problem about oracle installer not working is in the oraparam.ini

Tell me how it goes.
Universal Installer does not work ? [message #100228 is a reply to message #100222] Fri, 13 September 2002 21:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
khalid ibrawish
I try this before but the same problem , i have added -nojit
in oraparam.ini , but nothing new .
Re: Universal Installer does not work ? [message #100234 is a reply to message #100222] Mon, 16 September 2002 02:38 Go to previous message
Stewar tebay
Ah right, If you managed to get oracle installer installed with the -nojit, by changing the oraparam.ini, then the issue will be the dll. Do not change any other oraparam.ini for say 8i, but it is likely that the smycjit file will be incorrect. Do you have The correct file. If you say the oracle installer screen appears and just goes off, then firstly just run 8i on its own, bu using the line
c:program filesoracleouiinstallsetup.exe -responsefile (path of response fileoracle.olap.osaclient.typical.rsp)
And tell me what happens, if this does not work, run oracle installer and point it at the rsp file and again tell me what happens. It may be that you are missing something.

regards

Stewart
Previous Topic: Re: SENG.DLL
Next Topic: Re: need help on resizing DOS window
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 08:19:58 CDT 2024