Home » Infrastructure » Windows » Re: ODBC error on Windows 95
Re: ODBC error on Windows 95 [message #99910] Fri, 17 May 2002 02:42 Go to next message
Fourier Ang
Had that problem in windows 95. Resolved when I copied sqresus.dll to c:windowssystem.
Re: ODBC error on Windows 95 [message #100036 is a reply to message #99910] Tue, 25 June 2002 12:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike Bailey
I had a similar problem that occurred when the following events took place:
Launch MS Access and open a dummy database such as db1 or Northwind.
In the Tables Tab, choose File-Get External Data-Link Tables (from the File menu).
In the Files of Type drop down box, choose ODBC.
In the Data Source selection, go to the Machine Data Source tab.
At that time I chose to link to "Sandbox", a database we use for a project.

The following error would come up.

ORACLE ODBC DRIVER
Error: Cannot load resource file sqresus.dll

The process used to work until the user of the PC installed a piece of software called Clementine. On a hunch, I checked the autoexec.bat file (this was a Win98 PC) and sure enough, Clementine had altered the PATH statement. I don't know what (if anything) Clementine deleted out, but she added herself into the PATH. I still didn't know what changes to make to fix the problem, so I went to GOOGLE (God bless GOOGLE) and found this discussion. I tried the following fixes:

Copy the sqresus.dll file from the c:Orawin95bin directory to the c:WindowsSystem directory. Then try the above procedure. I received the following error.

OCI.DLL - One of the library files needed to run this application cannot be found.

I decided I would have to mess with the PATH statement. I backed up the autoexec.bat file in case I really butchered it, and then I made sure that c:Orawin95bin and c:Program FilesOraclejre1.1.7bin were the first 2 items in the PATH and the CLASSPATH statements. Then I rebooted (or else the changes do not take effect in Win95/Win98) and EVERYTHING WORKED!!! Thanks for your help, folks! Especially you, Jack Li.
Re: ODBC error on Windows 95 [message #100334 is a reply to message #100036] Thu, 17 October 2002 14:09 Go to previous message
Paul
Reseting the PATH fixed it for me too. Thank you and thanks Google!
Previous Topic: Re: where should MSDAORA.DLL reside?
Next Topic: Error in VB program when using oracle as database
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 17 19:41:59 CDT 2024