Home » Infrastructure » Windows » Problem in installaing Personal Oracle 8 in Windows XP Home Edition
Problem in installaing Personal Oracle 8 in Windows XP Home Edition [message #99791] Wed, 03 April 2002 22:46 Go to next message
RK
Hi,
I am using a laptop with Windows XP Home Edition as
OS(Processor P3).When I am trying to install Personal Oracle 8, I got the following error .The error is comming when the installer is analyzing dependencies of SQL* Net Client.The error is as follows:

stopsrvc.vrf(78):Type mismatch in argument '0' when calling 'contains'
stopsrvc.vrf(78): 'STRING' expected when 'LIST' found.

What is the solution?.Is it possible to load Personal Oracle 8 on Windows XP Home Edition?.Do I need to download any pathces?.
Please help.

Thanks
Re: Problem in installaing Personal Oracle 8 in Windows XP Home Edition [message #99851 is a reply to message #99791] Sun, 28 April 2002 02:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
csanchez
Hi.

Please send me solution,

Thanks in advanced.
Re: Problem in installaing Personal Oracle 8 in Windows XP Home Edition [message #100078 is a reply to message #99791] Wed, 10 July 2002 20:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thilak Siva
i had installed oracle 8.1.6 on windows xp home.. it gives one basic problem.. after restart the database service will not start. change the service to manual.. go to registry edit.. change in oracle/home0 the key of oracle..SID..start mode from TRUE to FALSE.. every time u start the system go to cmd prompt and start the service manually.. it works and works fine...
Re: Problem in installaing Personal Oracle 8 in Windows XP Home Edition [message #100277 is a reply to message #99791] Sun, 29 September 2002 13:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
J. Abdel Zavala
Use to have the same problem, but in Professional Edition instead.

Goto "Administrative Tools" menu and then click on the "Services" menu.

Look for entries named like "OracleStart", it should be one named "OracleStartOrcl" (for the default database) and it could be others as well, if you have several databases in your PC

"OracleStartExample1",
"OracleStartExample2"
"OracleStartExample3",
etc.

Change the setting from "Automatic" to "Manual" to correct the problem.
Re: Problem in installaing Personal Oracle 8 in Windows XP Home Edition [message #100459 is a reply to message #100277] Tue, 07 January 2003 13:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
James
I opened the "Service" menu but no there are no "OracleStartOrcl" file availeble to change. any other suggestions.

Thanks James.
Re: Problem in installaing Personal Oracle 8 in Windows XP Home Edition [message #100625 is a reply to message #99791] Sun, 16 March 2003 15:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g-mhar
I have the same problem!! Can anybody share on procedures on how to solve this?
Re: Problem in installaing Personal Oracle 8 in Windows XP Home Edition [message #100655 is a reply to message #99791] Wed, 02 April 2003 08:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kannan
Hi,
I am using a System with Windows XP Home Edition as
OS(Processor P3).When I am trying to install Personal Oracle 8, I got the following error .The error is comming when the installer is analyzing dependencies of SQL* Net Client.The error is as follows:

What is the solution?.Is it possible to load Personal Oracle 8 on Windows XP Home Edition?.Do I need to download any pathces?.
Please help.

Thanks
Re: Problem in installaing Personal Oracle 8 in Windows XP Home Edition [message #100839 is a reply to message #99791] Fri, 12 December 2003 20:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
camilo chaves
please, tell me how to install oracle 8 in windows xp home, when im installing appear an error: type mismatch in argument 'o'... my mail is bicipunk@hotmail.com thanks
Re: Problem in installaing Personal Oracle 8 in Windows XP Home Edition [message #101210 is a reply to message #99791] Sat, 19 June 2004 23:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ritik
I am having the same problem.
The error is comming when the installer is analyzing dependencies of SQL* Net Client.The error is as follows:

I have tried to go service(in administrative tools) but there is nothing related to oracle there.

If somebody has a solution please mail it to ritikd@yahoo.com.I will appreciate it.

Thanks..........

Ritik
Re: Problem in installaing Personal Oracle 8 in Windows XP Home Edition [message #170897 is a reply to message #101210] Fri, 05 May 2006 18:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dorelvis
I have the same problem!! Can anybody share on procedures on how to solve this?

please !!! my mail is: dorelvism@hotmail.com thanks
Re: Problem in installaing Personal Oracle 8 in Windows XP Home Edition [message #188411 is a reply to message #99791] Fri, 18 August 2006 07:44 Go to previous message
aparnavaranasi
send the link
Previous Topic: Creating an ODBC connection
Next Topic: How to Uninstall Oracle 11i - Windows XP ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 17 19:44:38 CDT 2024