Home » Infrastructure » Windows » Urgent: ORACLE8i dwnlded frm oracle stoped working
Urgent: ORACLE8i dwnlded frm oracle stoped working [message #99539] Wed, 02 January 2002 02:29 Go to next message
j.smith
I downloaded Oracle8i from oracle's website to use with the oracle certification course im taking at my school. i was doing my assignment , i logged off to go to lunch and now i cant log back in. I tried all the l/p , both upper case and lower case but it will not accept any of the passwords i gave it.

does that mean it can only be used so many times or for a certain period of time? i dont understand, how can i learn oracle if their is on a limited use bases. what do you suggest i do?

here is the error message i get:

SQL*Plus: Release 8.1.7.0.0 - Production on Wed Jan 2 04:29:43

(c) Copyright 2000 Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.

ERROR:
ORA-01092: ORACLE instance terminated. Disconnection forced

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: Urgent: ORACLE8i dwnlded frm oracle stoped working [message #99576 is a reply to message #99539] Tue, 15 January 2002 06:02 Go to previous message
Will
ORA-01092 ORACLE instance terminated. Disconnection forced

Cause: The instance connected to was terminated abnormally, probably due to a SHUTDOWN ABORT. The current process was forced to disconnect from the instance.

Action: Contact the database administrator to determine when the instance is restarted. Attempt to reconnect after the instance is running again.
Previous Topic: chane the name of nt Machine
Next Topic: Cannot start oracle service
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 22:34:29 CDT 2024