Home » Infrastructure » Other Operating Systems » Accessing Remotely Oracle from CICS COBOL Program
Accessing Remotely Oracle from CICS COBOL Program [message #99291] Tue, 27 November 2001 13:11 Go to next message
Murthy Namagiri
Hi,
I am trying to develop a CICS program which has to access Oracle on a remote server... can you give me any guidelines??? I am just starting ... What Set up/ Access rights, Id/ Passwords do I need to be able to do this.. Can any one suggest where to look for info or where I can get sample code??

Help is greatly appreciated !!

Thanks in Advance

Thanks & Regards
Murthy N.L.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: Accessing Remotely Oracle from CICS COBOL Program [message #99297 is a reply to message #99291] Fri, 11 January 2002 02:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank Naude
Hi,

One can use the "Oracle Access Manager for CICS" (AM4CICS) product to access Oracle from 3GL programs (COBOL, C, etc). Connecting to remote databases will not be a problem regardless of what platform they run on. Look in the SRCLIB PDS for examples.

Best regards.

Frank Naude
Re: Accessing Remotely Oracle from CICS COBOL Program [message #99313 is a reply to message #99297] Fri, 19 July 2002 12:34 Go to previous message
Rachel
do you know any books/reference that i can buy regarding oracle access manager for cics?
where can i view a sample program that shows the oracle commands to access an oracle database from cics?
Previous Topic: Re: SQL*Forms
Next Topic: Re: Problems in making Setup.exe & attaching Helpfiles & tags with D2K alongwith Oracle 8.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 06:15:32 CDT 2024