Home » Infrastructure » Linux » SQLPLUS command in ps
SQLPLUS command in ps [message #98939] Mon, 10 November 2003 07:59
pbujold
We have upgraded from 8i on Sun Solaris to 9i RAC on Intels running Linux Red Hat.
We had old shell/sql scripts running an automated monitoring system that scanned for OPS$USER sqlplus process using ps -ef ... and some argument list to match on.

Now in Linux ps seems to only display the SQLPLUS command without providing detail about the argument list. I've read the man on ps and tried the w output option. I've also tried to alter the way the scripts invoke sqlplus i.e. sh -c 'sqlplus...' Perl system() and exec, but regardless of how it is invoked it gets displayed simply as SQLPLUS. I 've tried to solve this by using pid files but I'm finding it hard because the nature of these scripts allow them to dynamically recreate themselves thus making pid management with some perl a little painful. (This was not my code) I will be re-writing it but I need to get it to work for beta of our new install. So no time to re-write this monster.

My question is: Is there a new feature in Linux Red Hat Application server or Oracle 9i or the latest release of sqlplus that does not allow ps to display anything more than the command name. My suspicion is that Oracle is trying to safeguard against displaying username pwds in ps but in my case using the OPS$USER, that was not an issue.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.
Previous Topic: Oracle 9.2.0.1 on SLES8 Linux installation probs
Next Topic: Unable to connect to Database as other users
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 17 21:38:04 CDT 2024