Home » Infrastructure » Linux » Installation question on SLES8
Installation question on SLES8 [message #98922] Wed, 01 October 2003 01:19 Go to next message
Uwe
Hi all,
I've just one question. We tried to install Oracle 9.2.0.1 on S.U.S.E. Linux Enterprise Server 8.0.
At the end of installation I got several problems at the end of installation with the makefile and link install. If I try to start sqlplus I got the following error:
sqlplus:error while loading shared libraries:libclntsh.so:cannot open shared object file:no such file or directory
I searched for that library but I can't find it.
May this happened because Oracle is only certified with SLES7 and we user SLES8 which is no normal SUSE Linux - it is the UnitedLinux 1.0 ?
Any suggestions welcome
regards
Uwe
Re: Installation question on SLES8 [message #98923 is a reply to message #98922] Wed, 01 October 2003 02:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
neoepicurians
Hallo

try this :-)
http://www.suse.de/en/business/certifications/certified_software/oracle/db/9iR2_sles8.html

grusz
Re: Installation question on SLES8 [message #98925 is a reply to message #98923] Mon, 06 October 2003 08:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Uwe
Hi neo,

thanks very much. This explains all open questions which are not included in "normal" documents for installing SLES or Oracle.
One more little ("stupid") question.
I got the Enterprise Manager started up after installation. But I need to close the connection to our Linux sometimes later. I searched for the program to start tah EM again, but I do not fond it on our Linux. The Client-Tools are only on Win but that EM has more functionality as I have seen in the Win-Tools.
regs
Uwe
Re: Installation question on SLES8 [message #98926 is a reply to message #98925] Mon, 06 October 2003 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
neoepicurians
Hallo

I hope that is what you mean:)
oemapp -dbastudio

grusz
Re: Installation question on SLES8 solved! [message #98927 is a reply to message #98926] Mon, 06 October 2003 09:33 Go to previous message
Uwe
Thanks ones again :o))
That's what I searced for, because I thought that all those tools are gone with 9.x. But they're still there.

ciao
Uwe
Previous Topic: Oracle9i on Red Hat 9
Next Topic: Error in invoking target ioracle of make file /rdbms/lib/ins_rdbms.mk
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 00:38:13 CDT 2024