Home » Infrastructure » Linux » DBAssist does not create any database
DBAssist does not create any database [message #98719] Tue, 13 August 2002 00:37 Go to next message
Farid IZEM
I've install ORACLE8I (8.1.6) under Linux Slackware 8.0
with the kernel 2.4.5.
The installation is Ok but when i try to create a database using dbassist, it fail.
In fact, the database creation start yesterday evening and this morning, the database creation is still in progress with 0%. Can we conclude that, dbassist failed.
I think yes. But, what can i do to create my database ??
Please help me else i'm gone be crazy.
Fafa.
Re: DBAssist does not create any database [message #98727 is a reply to message #98719] Sun, 01 September 2002 12:50 Go to previous message
Rick Root
It sounds like you might be having the same problem I am having.

I think what you'll find is that if you look in the /opt/app/oracle/oradata/SID/ or whereever you asked it to create your database, you'll find control files, redo log files, and a system file but nothing more (no temp file no undo file).

So far, Oracle Support says it looks like I've got my OS set up properly (RedHat 7.3) and the last thing we did was send them trace output from the "strace" statement, which showed the database creation process stopping at an ftruncate64 statement and never completing. No errors or anything, it just hangs.

If you send me an email, I'll let you know what my solution ends up being, if we get it solved with Oracle Support's help.

- Rick
Previous Topic: Oracle 8i Installation under Linux
Next Topic: Database is Not Created
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 22:44:30 CDT 2024