Home » Infrastructure » Linux » Oracle9i OLAP installation problem on Mandrake8.2
Oracle9i OLAP installation problem on Mandrake8.2 [message #98707] Tue, 30 July 2002 01:20 Go to next message
Berenice Chong
Hi, I'm not sure if this question belongs here or in the newbie Oracle forum but here goes.

I'm trying to install Oracle9i on a Mandrake 8.2 computer using the Universal Installer. [[Yes I know Oracle is meant to work best on SuSE/RH but I don't want to buy a new OS just for Oracle if I can avoid it]]. I'm using the Oracle download files, not the cds.

During the installation process, I have trouble with the OLAP components such as "wrksht". The Installer gives error messages like "error writing to <OLAP filename>" What can I do to rectify this? I've checked the Oracle manuals but can't seem to find anything on this issue.

BTW: I'm not sure if this problem is caused by Oracle or Mandrake. As a far as I know, my mandrake has all the files needed for pre-installation and compiling issues. And I'm sure that I downloaded and decompressed the Oracle files correctly. Are there other areas I could double check?

thanks
Re: Oracle9i OLAP installation problem on Mandrake8.2 [message #98746 is a reply to message #98707] Tue, 08 October 2002 01:49 Go to previous message
Davide
I am experiencing the same problem.
Repeating the installation, this error occurs with various files randomly.

Davide
Previous Topic: Why I can not start runInstaller normal?
Next Topic: help!oracle9i install error on Redhat7.3
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 02:14:49 CDT 2024