Home » Infrastructure » Linux » PLEASE HELP ME: Oracle 8.1.6 installation fails on Linux
PLEASE HELP ME: Oracle 8.1.6 installation fails on Linux [message #98697] Mon, 15 July 2002 23:13 Go to next message
Ben
Hi folks,

I am facing the following problems with installing Oracle 8.1.6 on my Linux 7.2 server. I have followed all of the Oracle system prep steps as specified by Oracle installation manual. When I get to the installation screen for Oracle Net8 Configuration Assistant I run into problems with my Oracle 8i installation. Oracle Net8 assistant hangs with the following errors:

error in invoking target install of makefile
/usr/oracle/network/lib/ins_net_client.mk

/usr/oracle/precomp/lib/ins_precomp.mk

/usr/oracle/network/lib/ins_net_server.mk

I get about 40 error messages of this type. When I try to continue the Oracle 8.1.6 installation on Linux by ignoring these files, my Oracle 8i installation shows INSTALLATION COMPLETED SUCCESSFULLY. Next, the Oracle Net8 Configuration Assistant starts but hangs with the following error message:

Error loading native library libnjni8.so java.lang unsatisfied ink
error:jniGetOracleHome

When I stop the Database Assistant, the Creation of database start.It completes without any error.

How can I get these Oracle files installed and Oracle to finish setup so that my Oracle 8.1.6 server runs on Linux? I am stuck here and need your help to get Oracle 8.1.6 up and running on Linux.

Thanks in advance,
Ben Prusinski
master85@hotmail.com
Re: PLEASE HELP ME: Oracle 8.1.6 installation fails on Linux [message #98706 is a reply to message #98697] Mon, 29 July 2002 15:39 Go to previous message
NA
This sounds like the binutils problem.

I do not know because I would not install 8.1.6

Look At:
www.puschitz.com/InstallingOracle9i.html
Previous Topic: raw device installation
Next Topic: db assistant stops @ 80% w/ oracle 8.1.6 install on Linux 7.3
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 23:40:43 CDT 2024