Home » Infrastructure » Linux » Problem on Oracle 9i Install for Redhat 7.3
Problem on Oracle 9i Install for Redhat 7.3 [message #98695] Sun, 14 July 2002 00:09 Go to next message
Chan Min Wai
I have encounter a problem at the end of the installation of oracle 9i. The system can't find the jre, so it couldn't not start any oracle services.
If anyone know how to solve this problem pls send the email to the following email address = dcmwai@NOTFORSPAM.amtb-m.org.my (I didn't subscribe to this list)

The error message is something like
jre not found in /home/orcInventory/oracle.swd.jre/bin/i386/native_Unthread/jre
Re: Problem on Oracle 9i Install for Redhat 7.3 [message #98696 is a reply to message #98695] Mon, 15 July 2002 06:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hari
I had the same problem when trying to install Oracle 9i from the download files. The errors that I got were - could not locate jre (please download the jre from www.javasoft.com). I downloaded the j2sdk and jre and put the link (ln -s /usr/bin/java /bin/java) but could not get it to install properly. I ordered the CD for Oracle 9i and it installed jre by itself.

Hope this helps
Re: Problem on Oracle 9i Install for Redhat 7.3 [message #98700 is a reply to message #98695] Tue, 16 July 2002 02:35 Go to previous message
Chan Min Wai
I've slove 2 out of the total 3 problem in install by removing the Oracle.
Install J2sdk, then only install Oracle.
But... I 've another problem...
Java Configuration Assistant -- I can't get it running, I don't even know where it is located.
below is the error log
[[oracle@AmitabhaSrv oracle]]$ /opt/oracle/product/9.2.0/JRE/bin/jre -classpath /opt/oracle/product/9.2.0/JRE/lib/rt.jar:/opt/oracle/product/9.2.0/jlib/srvm.jar:/opt/oracle/product/9.2.0/network/agent/agentca.jar oracle.agent.AgentCA /orahome /opt/oracle/product/9.2.0 /nodeinfo NO_VALUE
Parameter "orahome" = /opt/oracle/product/9.2.0
Parameter "nodeinfo" = NO_VALUE

Agent Service Failed
Anyone have this problem before.
Previous Topic: Oracle 8.1.6 installation on RH Linux 7.2
Next Topic: raw device installation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 01:43:02 CDT 2024