Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Fail System Utilities Ck on Win 2k Rapidwiz install
Fail System Utilities Ck on Win 2k Rapidwiz install [message #94666] Fri, 07 December 2001 07:59 Go to next message
Dan
I have the Oracle 11i App CD's from Oracle and I'm trying to install on Windows 2000 Advanced Server. In the RapidWiz it fails one check called System Utilities Check
(ck system for make,ld,ar and cc)
These are all GNu programs from the Unix side
Does anybody know what I might have to do to get Windows to pass this part of the config check? There is nothing in the Install Notes that covers this as a pre-requisite to installation.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: Fail System Utilities Ck on Win 2k Rapidwiz install [message #94670 is a reply to message #94666] Wed, 12 December 2001 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dan
Never found an answer to this, but continued the Oracle 11i install anyway and have found no problems so far. I believe this may be Developer tools that are need for compiling C++. If anyone has any comments they would be appreciated
Thanks,

Dan

Re: Fail System Utilities Ck on Win 2k Rapidwiz install [message #94672 is a reply to message #94666] Wed, 12 December 2001 14:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dan
Found this thread to be most enlighting for those wanting to install 11i on Win 2k
http://www.dbasupport.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=14454

Most excellent dude!!

Re: Fail System Utilities Ck on Win 2k Rapidwiz install [message #94689 is a reply to message #94670] Sun, 30 December 2001 20:33 Go to previous message
Anthony Ajebon
With the systems utilities chk failure, you would need to download and install MKS toolkit version 7.5 or higher. This allows interoperability of unix commands/scripts on NT. You would also need to install a shareware make-3.77 or higher. Create a directory gnumake and download the make file to this directory. You can download mks from www.mks.com and the shareware from ftp://ftp.gnu.org.

unpack the shareware with gunzip and untar it.
In the folder, you would need to execute the build_w32.bat. If the build was not succesful, run subproc.bat, another file in the folder and rerun build_w32.bat.

Run a file search for the location of your make file. Usually C:gnumakemake-3.77Windebug
insert this into your environment PATH.

Pull up another DOS prompt and type which gnumake.exe to make sure you have this environment set up correctly.

Wih all the right steps followed, you shouldn't have any problems with the system utilities chk..

Goodluck,
Anthony

Previous Topic: Re: JINITIATOR AND ORACLE APPLICATIONS
Next Topic: Re: Installation of Apps 11i
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:03:38 CDT 2024