Home » Developer & Programmer » Data Integration » Which Tool to create DataWarehouse
Which Tool to create DataWarehouse [message #93207] Wed, 08 October 2003 10:49 Go to next message
Ronny Gesierich
Hello!
I'm using Oracle 9i with OLAP Option.
I thought -like was with SQL Server 7- that there
is a tool to create a datawarehouse(extract,transform,load-Process) as well as using some
kind of reporting-tool to view data.
I look at the documents and it seems that only the database(optimized for datawarehouse) and SQL-Commands have been provided.
So what I want is a simple GUI-based Tool to establish my datawarehouse, to put values in it and finally to analyze data.

I found different Oracle products such as Oracle Reports, Oracle Express, Warehouse Builder and Discoverer.

Which one could be the easiest way to achieve my aims??

Thanks.
Re: Which Tool to create DataWarehouse [message #93350 is a reply to message #93207] Sun, 08 August 2004 09:26 Go to previous message
Venkata Phani Kumar.Velur
Hi,

There are many reporting tools (i mean Native tools and Third party tools), For reporting one of the best is Cognos , Microstrategy, Informatica, Brio and Data Stage...etc.

Regarding Oracle native tools, I guess the preformance is bit slower when compared to other Thirdparty, Case tools....

Regards
Ven (Venkat)
Previous Topic: Updateable Snapshots / Materialized views
Next Topic: Building BI in OWB
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:32:30 CDT 2024