Home » Developer & Programmer » Data Integration » Help Oracle9i Data Mining
Help Oracle9i Data Mining [message #92909] Fri, 22 February 2002 00:53 Go to next message
Vincent Dervaux
Hello,

in the framework of my studies I shall develop a Java application which will allow user to do data mining on a DB. But unfortunately the Oracle9i Data Mining documentation is a bit "light" for me. Do you know where I could consulte, or maybe download, further documentation concerning the subject?

In advance, thanks for all

Vincent

PS : You've probably noticed that I am a newbie in data mining
Re: Help Oracle9i Data Mining [message #92910 is a reply to message #92909] Fri, 22 February 2002 01:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
herrick ochom
what do you want to do exactly. oracle comes with darwin -- aslo check with otn for more help
Re: Help Oracle9i Data Mining [message #92919 is a reply to message #92909] Mon, 18 March 2002 00:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vincent Dervaux
Hello,

In fact, I have posted about 5 messages last week on OTN but I haven't got any reply yet.
I'm not using Darwin, I'm trying to use data mining that is embedded in Oracle9i. Oracle9i provides Java API that allow users to develop data mining software.

When i tried to run the Java AssociationRules sample i've got the following error:

Completed MiningServer login
Formed bin boundary objects: census_2d_build
Created discretization tables for: census_2d_build
Received an exception in main: ORA-00905: missing keyword
ORA-06512: at "ODM.ODM_MINING_TRANSFORMATION", line 1613
ORA-06512: at line 1

java.sql.SQLException: ORA-00905: missing keyword
ORA-06512: at "ODM.ODM_MINING_TRANSFORMATION", line 1613
ORA-06512: at line 1

at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:180)
at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTIoer.processError(TTIoer.java:208)
at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.Oall7.receive(Oall7.java:543)
at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTC7Protocol.doOall7(TTC7Protocol.java:1451)
at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTC7Protocol.parseExecuteFetch(TTC7Protocol.java:862)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.executeNonQuery(OracleStatement.java:1839)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.doExecuteOther(OracleStatement.java:1764)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.doExecuteWithTimeout(OracleStatement.java:2354)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatement.executeUpdate(OraclePreparedStatement.java:421)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatement.execute(OraclePreparedStatement.java:486)
at oracle.dmt.odm.transformation.Transformation.discretize(Transformation.java:607)
at Sample_Discretization.performCensusBinningFor2D(Sample_Discretization.java:182)
at Sample_AssociationRules.performDiscretization(Sample_AssociationRules.java:202)
at Sample_AssociationRules.main(Sample_AssociationRules.java:128)
Logging out of MiningServer.

Using Java debugger i can see that the problem in function odm_mining_transformation.discretize_2d(...)

Thanks to Oracle wrapped packages i can't handle with this problem.
Is there any unwrapper or something to fix bad package?

Vincent Dervaux
Re: Help Oracle9i Data Mining [message #92946 is a reply to message #92919] Mon, 20 May 2002 08:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nuria Ripoll
Hi Vincent!
I'm afraid I have not the solution to your problem... In fact, I'm at the same point as you were trying to finish my PFC for the University of Zaragoza.

I'd like to know if you have resolved it and i'd very pleased if you answered me.

Thanks a lot,
Nuria.
Re: Help Oracle9i Data Mining - SOLUTION [message #92953 is a reply to message #92919] Fri, 24 May 2002 05:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nuria Ripoll
Hi!

I think the problem is in "Sample_Discretization.performCensusBinningFor2D" that, with the original values of the "census_2d_build" table creates the discretization tables with float numbers.
So later, when it tries to discretize, it misinterprets the comma and causes the error:
"missing key value".

THE SOLUTION IS "AS SIMPLE" AS TO HAVE ONLY INTEGER VALUES in the lower_boundary and
upper_boundary columns of the discretization tables created.

Ok. Now the AssociationRules sample works fine but....

I still have another error in NaiveBayes, this is the layout:

Completed MiningServer login
Formed bin boundary objects: census_tx_build
Created discretization tables for: census_tx_build
Binned : census_tx_build. Output view:odm.census_build_binned
Attribute column name: ANAME
Persisted MiningFunctionSettings. Name: Sample_NB_MFS_1
Invoking NaiveBayes Model build.
Start time: Thu May 23 13:07:08 CEST 2002

Exc:ORA-29532: llamada Java terminada por una excepción Java no resuelta: oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleSQLException: ORA-20010: ODM_NAIVE_BAYES_MODEL.BUILD.CREATE_F2J: Model building failed with error (ORA-00998: debe proporcionar un nombre a esta expresion un alias de columna).
ORA-06512: en "ODM.ODM_MODEL_UTIL", linea 1517
ORA-06512: en "ODM.ODM_NAIVE_BAYES_MODEL", linea 245
ORA-06512: en "ODM.ODM_NAIVE_BAYES_MODEL", linea 1518
ORA-00998: debe proporcionar un nombre a esta expresion con un alias de columna
ORA-06512: en "ODM.ODM_NAIVE_BAYES_MODEL", linea 1052
ORA-06512: en linea 1
at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:180)
at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTIoer.processError(TTIoer.java:208)
at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.Oall7.receive(Oall7.java:543)
at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTC7Protocol.doOall7(TTC7Protocol.java:1451)
at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTC7Protocol.parseExecuteFetch(TTC7Protocol.java:862)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.executeNonQuery(OracleStatement.java:1846)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.doExecuteOther(OracleStatement.java:1771)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.doExecuteWithTimeout(OracleStatement.java:2361)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatement.executeUpdate(OraclePreparedStatement.java:422)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatement.execute(OraclePreparedStatement.java:487)
at oracle.dmt.odm.model.MiningModel.build(MiningModel.java:161)
at Sample_NaiveBayesBuild.buildNaiveBayesModel(Sample_NaiveBayesBuild.java:329)
at Sample_NaiveBayesBuild.main(Sample_NaiveBayesBuild.java:136)

Have anyone any idea????

TIA,
Nuria.
Re: Help Oracle9i Data Mining [message #92995 is a reply to message #92909] Tue, 30 July 2002 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kshathrya
Vincent: did u find any info on that. I am looking for exactly the same info as you are. I have 9i installed. I have unlocked ODM. Now how to proceed? where is the java API, that I can use to doing things like association rules, clustering and stuff.
please help. urgent.
Re: Help Oracle9i Data Mining [message #93006 is a reply to message #92909] Sat, 24 August 2002 05:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sajit roshan
You need to get those 7 jar files from the 9i server to your local machine using FTP. Set the classpath for these jar files before running the sample programs.
The required jar files are as follows:
xmlparserv2,xsu12,odmapi,nls_charset12,jmscommon,classes12,aqapi.
Re: Help Oracle9i Data Mining [message #93008 is a reply to message #92909] Sat, 24 August 2002 06:04 Go to previous message
sajit roshan
You need to get those 7 jar files from the 9i server to your local machine using FTP. Set the classpath for these jar files before running the sample programs.
The required jar files are as follows:
xmlparserv2,xsu12,odmapi,nls_charset12,jmscommon,classes12,aqapi.
Previous Topic: Problem running the Oracle9i Data Mining samples
Next Topic: affect of change in OS on cubes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:57:41 CDT 2024