Home » Developer & Programmer » Data Integration » Data Warehousing person required
|Re: Data Warehousing person required [message #92937 is a reply to message #92879]
||Tue, 30 April 2002 11:28
Registered: August 2001
GENERAL Nitya has years of overall experience with 4 years in the US. Good experience as a UDB DB2 DBA and DB2 DBA on IBM mainframe systems and Extended Enterprise Edition. Worked with large databases, both in production and development environments in the area of application software development. Has been involved in analysis, development, conversion and maintenance of application software. Has very good knowledge in SQL. Main skills are on IBM mainframe software (IBM-3090, ES 9000,OS 390) and in the functional areas of Insurance, Automotive and Banking industries. Excellent communication, team playing, organizing and trouble-shooting skills. Has excellent knowledge in AIX 4.3, UBD db2 dba. Preparing for IBM certification of Database Administrator for DB2 UDB Version 6.
EDUCATION Bachelor of Engineering, Regional Institute of Technology, Jamshedpur.
IBM ES-9000, 3090, RS6000, SAP/R3.
O / S:
MVS/ESA, MVS/XA, OS/ 390, SunOS2.6HP AIX 4.3, UNIX, WINDOWS NT.
OS/VS COBOL, COBOL-II, JAVA, JAVA SCRIPT, JDBC,VB, C, C++, CICS, JCL, VSAM, TSO/ISF, CICS, ABAP/4.
DB2, Oracle8.0, IMS, IDMS (network database), SQL SERVER7.0.,ODBC
SPUFI, EXPEDITER, QMF, PLATINUM, EXPLAIN, BMC,
Oct 00-Present Wausau Insurance Companies, WI
· Used CHANGEMAN , PANVALET to download
Programmes into and work as our local database.
· Installed and configured Db2 database on OS 390.
· Installed websphere 4.0 and configured with DB2.
· Creation of DB2 UDB database from scratch to deployment to production and maintenance level.
· For UDB Logical Design, identified data elements, grouping them together and mapping them into the structure of the database.
While creating the logical design I have concentrated on all data elements, data relationships, transactions and output requirements.
· For UDB Physical Design, selected the storage formats and organizations, space considerations, physical blocksizes for the data. Created Containers, Table spaces and Extents.
· Performed all database management and administration tasks from the simplest create to the most complex alter in either batch or online mode.
· Created Data Joiner Instance for AIX Environment for UDB DB2 environment.
· Performance improved on udb db2 bu using Extended Enterprise Edition to make it conveninet for Symmetric multiprocessors(SMS), clustered SMP and Massively Parellel Processors(MPP) on different operating systems and platforms.
· Using Extended Enterprise Edition, handled to run killer queries.
· Queriees run faster by using Extended Enterprise Edition udb db2.
· Maintain performance linear to hundreds of processor nodes and terabytes of data by using Extended Enterprise Edition.
· Journal file system (JFS)is used for AIX .
· Supported 24x7 production environment and associated with a team of 25 developers.
· Responsible for Tape Backup, Capacity Planning, System Tuning and Disaster/Recovery planning of database.
· Skilled in problem detection, network skills like TCP/IP. Also involved in planning configuration for communication protocols.
· Responsible for Installation, Maintenance and Management across multiple client sites.
· Managed DB2 databases across multiple platforms like Unix and Windows NT In distributed environments using PLATINUM.
· Used PLATINUM to support database schema and object migrations and full object alteration, creation, and deletion.
· For DB2 UDB Database, Spanned the data for a single table across multiple tables spaces using AIX , Data Base Managed Storage. Stored Large Objects and Indexes separately from the data base objects.
· Dynamically Increased number of Containers in Tables Spaces using DMS in order to rebalancing of data.
· Created many logical volumes as containers, and separated them from physical drives to realize true I/O Parellisam.
· Separated db2 hard drives from the drives of AIX logical volumes to avoid sharing of drives.
· Job scheduling for batch jobs on the UNIX platform
· Performed performance monitoring and tuning on UDB DB2 V5.0.
· Created DB2 database objects.
· Estimated table spaces and index spaces.
· Altered the table spaces.
· Improved the access performance of SQL queries using DB2 EXPLAIN.
· Extracted and loaded data from/into tables using DB2 utilities.
· Made full IMAGE COPIES for Backup.
· Ran DB2 Utilities REORG, CHECK DATA on table spaces whenever needed.
Environment: EEE UDB DB2 V7.0. IBM OS/390, Linux 7.0,SAP R/3, ABAP/4,DB2 UTILITIES, BMC UTILITIES, CICS, DB2, VS COBOL II, JCL, TSO/ISPF, XPEDITOR, FILEAID, MVS, PLATINUM, BMC,SPUFI, QMF, ER Diagrams, INFORMATICA 4.7,ETL, MICROSTRATEGY7.0,ORACLE 8.0, MQ-SERIES,MS-Office.
Dec 99-Sept 00 Wausau Insurance Companies, WI
Bdr Conversion Project
UDB DB2 DBA
This is a batch system which consists of a set of batch programs run weekly. This project is intended to convert data from IDMS old flat file system into UDB DB2 database.
· Planned the Logical design of the UDB db2 database.
· Mapped the database design to the layout of table spaces.
· Created the UDB DB2 database.
· Sizes of the tables, any indexes and table spaces noted down.
· Determined the characteristics of the containers in the table spaces.
· For creating physical environment created devices.
· Used PLATINUM products RC/QUERY, RC/MIGRATOR and DB2 command processors at interface level to query, migrate and executing purposes.
· Used PLATIUNM in DB2 UDB environment for Application Development, Data access and Analysis, Data Warehousing and Database Administration.
· Designed the UDB DB2 database at unit and acceptance level.
· Used AIX device Container as a logical volume based on the type of table space and plat form.
· Backup and Recovery Process at the Table space level.
· Used Extents for storing the user data and for the space management with the table space.
· Job scheduling for batch jobs on the UNIX platform
· Run the DB2 utilities LOAD, FULL IMAGE COPIES, DATA CHECK and REORG on the table spaces and index spaces whenever needed.
· For accessing the remote database, used alternate Index as UBD db2dba.
Environment : UDB DB2 V5.0.IBM OS/390, AIX 4.3, DB2, IDMS, VS COBOL II, DB2 UTILITIES, PLATINUM, XPEDITOR, FILEAID, BMC,CHANGEMAN,SPUFI, QMF, ER Diagrams, Explain, MS-Office, TSO/ISPF.
Sep 97-Nov 99 AARP Pharmacy Services, Roanoke, VA
Comprehensive Automotive Processing Systems(CAPS)
AARP Pharmacy Services is a leading pharmacy industry. The AARP's major business activities are computerized by using the project Comprehensive Automated Processing System (CAPS), which consists of many applications like Order Processing, Accounts Receivable, and Credit Card Processing, Employee
Payroll and Inventory system.
· Designed, developed and supported the mainframe IMS/DB2 application.
· Developed and coded Java applets using Visual Age.
· Implemented JDBC in the Server program to update and retrieve Price information database.
· Performed feasibility study on Mainframe to server solution and produced. functional and detailed specifications to implement solution.
· Produced functional specifications and detail specifications.
· Produced database support and training manuals.
· Disaster recovery and planning.
· Support the systems groups on system related issues.
· Backup and recovery procedures.
· Creating database objects (tables, views), altering tables and adding check constraints, triggers and referential integrity using EXPORT and IMPORT utility.
· Moving data between tables and output files.
· Monitoring and problem determination.
· Optimizing the database.
· Inserting the data to DB2 table using LOAD utility.
Environment IBM-3090, MVS, DB2, DB2 UTILITIES, CICS, IMS/ dB, VS COBOL II, JCL, TSO/ISPF, XPEDITOR, FILEAID, SPUFI, QMF, JAVA, VISUAL AGE, HTML,WEBSPHERE 4.0, JAVA SCRIPT, JDBC.
Aug 96- Aug 97 South Western Bell, St. Louis, Missouri
DB2 Database Administration of the ETQIS application
Currently working in the capacity of a DB2 Database Administrator / developer on the ETQIS team which is part of this team for developing the 271 performance measurements. This will help South Western Bell compete with other companies as a long distance telephone service provider.
· Translating customer business requirements into database specific requirements.
· Providing normalized design of database based on business requirements.
· Design involves details including tablespace size, lock sizes, table structures,
· View definitions, constraints like Unique Index, Check constraints and Referential integrity constraints if applicable, Triggers and Stored Procedures if necessary.
· Creation and maintenance of database and all physical objects like tablespaces, tables, views, triggers, and stored procedures.
· Extensively worked on writing DB2 stored procedures.
· Granting privileges on the database.
· Creation of jobs and/or programs for loading the database.
· Application monitoring and SQL tuning using tools like T-MON, EXPLAIN and DB2 commands. Provide solutions for minimizing lock contention.
· Decide IMAGE COPY (and type of image copy), RUNSTATS and REORG frequency.
· Running Explain for Performance tuning of SQL within applications.
· Provide production support.
Current Time: Wed Nov 30 18:06:50 CST 2022