Home » Developer & Programmer » JDeveloper, Java & XML » problem deploying EJBs on JBoss 3.2.2
problem deploying EJBs on JBoss 3.2.2 [message #92495] Sat, 14 August 2004 11:42
Bibudh Lahiri
Hi, i've downloaded and installed JBoss App server 3.2.2 and trying to run the exercise examples that have been downloaded from http://www.jboss.org. i've set the following env variables in Autoexec (i'm working on a Windows 98 PC):

SET JAVA_HOME=d:JewelBox SDK1.4

SET JBOSS_HOME = %JAVA_HOME% JewelBoxproductsjboss-3.2.2

SET ANT_HOME = D:ant

SET PATH=C:WINDOWS;C:WINDOWSCOMMAND;D:antbin

SET CLASSPATH=%JAVA_HOME%bin

now, when i'm trying to run ant by simply typing the command ant -verbose at the command prompt, ant is starting to run and the following output is observed.

Apache Ant version 1.5 compiled on July 9 2002
Buildfile: build.xml
Detected Java version: 1.4 in: D:JEWELBOX SDK1.4JRE
Detected OS: Windows 98
parsing buildfile build.xml with URI = file:D:/JewelBox SDK1.4/JewelBox/products
/jboss-3.2.2/Titan-JBoss-3.2-12d/workbook/ex04_1/build.xml
Project base dir set to: D:JewelBox SDK1.4JewelBoxproductsjboss-3.2.2Titan-
JBoss-3.2-12dworkbookex04_1
 [[property]] Loading Environment env.

After this the system gives a long pause.(i'm not sure whether it hangs, how long should it take to load the environment variables?)

I have kept the files for ant in D: itself as it was suggested in the online manual of ant. Also, according to their suggestion, i've added the following line in  config.sys to provide enough environment space:

shell=c:command.com c: /p /e:32768

Also, when i'm trying to run the server itself from D:JewelBox SDK1.4JewelBoxproductsjboss-3.2.2bin by the file run.bat, i'm getting the following error:

Failed to boot JBoss:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.jboss.system.server.ServerImpl
        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:199)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:187)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:289)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:235)
        at org.jboss.system.server.ServerLoader.createServer(ServerLoader.java:2
51)
        at org.jboss.system.server.ServerLoader.load(ServerLoader.java:233)
        at org.jboss.Main.boot(Main.java:142)
        at org.jboss.Main$1.run(Main.java:395)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

The class ServerImpl is not there in D:JewelBox SDK1.4JewelBoxproductsjboss-3.2.2binorgjbosssystemserver. Where would i get it from?

Previous Topic: Cannot extract hour from date field (Oracle 10.1.0.2 with OCI jdbc driver)
Next Topic: how to open a dialouge box using JDeveloper
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 21:06:02 CDT 2024