Home » Developer & Programmer » JDeveloper, Java & XML » Running Java program from Cron in Solaris
Running Java program from Cron in Solaris [message #92435] Sun, 18 July 2004 07:27 Go to next message
aneesh
hi all,

I am having a java rogram which updates Oracle table with proper values.This java program is executed in every hour from the cron.I am using  Solaris 9(sparc machine) as OS.Oracle databse server is also in Solaris machine.I have put the java class file in Cron so that it will run the java program in every 2nd minute of each hour.But when i observed through the process viewer i could find multiple copies if same process running simultaneously.My oracle table is having primary key so there is no duplicated copy is inserted to table.But this multiple instances is affecting the updation time very badly.If i am running the same program from the shell prompt only one istance is formed.But from mulptiople copies of same program is formed.please give me a solution for this.Thanks in advance

Aneesh
Re: Running Java program from Cron in Solaris [message #92444 is a reply to message #92435] Tue, 20 July 2004 06:14 Go to previous message
ap
Can you cut and paste the cron entry so that we can have a look at it.
Previous Topic: oracore9.dll jdbc and f60jdapi.jar
Next Topic: Oracle Reports & Web Application
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 11:24:27 CDT 2024