Home » Developer & Programmer » JDeveloper, Java & XML » Deploying to OC4J 1.0.2.2.1 inside Oracle9iAS 1.0.2.2.2
Deploying to OC4J 1.0.2.2.1 inside Oracle9iAS 1.0.2.2.2 [message #92226] Sun, 25 April 2004 07:35
Cliff Wirt
Hello all,

I have finished coding a servlet and jsp application, which my client has forced me to develop on OC4J 1.0.2.2.1 I did the development on OC4J 1.0.2.2.1 Standalone; deployment will be into his machine running OC4J 1.0.2.2.1 inside Oracle Oracle9iAS 1.0.2.2.2. 

My plan is to ship him the .war file, and have him manually make the necessary changes to the configuration files (data-sources.xml. application.xml, and default-web-site.xml). 

Now I know that in OC4J 9.0.4 inside Oracle9iAS 9.0.4, your're supposed to make changes to the configuration files only through Enterprise Manager or through the DCMCTL utility.  Otherwise, you risk corrupting the infrastructure repository in which the configuration parameters are stored.  If you do make manual changes to the configuration files, you are supposed to execute dcmctl -update Config -ct oc4j afterwards, to avoid corrupting the infrastructure repository.  -- You can make manual changes to the configuration files only in the Standalone version.

If I understand correctly, however, OC4J 1.0.2.2.1 inside Oracle9iAs 1.0.2.2.2 is not nearly as tightly integrated with Oracle9iAS 1.0.2.2.2.  So the OC4J-1.0.2.2.1-inside-Oracle9iAs-10.2.2.2 configuration parameters are not stored in the infrastructure repository.  So it's possible to make manual changes to data-sources.xml and the other configuration files without worrying about possible corruption to the infrastructure repository or anything else.  So my client can (or I can, if he ever gives me access to his box) make the changes to the configuration files and deploy the application into his part-of-Oracle9iAS-10.2.2.2-OC4J exactly the same way I deploy to my Standalone OC4J.

Is my understanding correct, or am I way off base?

Cliff Wirt
Previous Topic: publish java methods
Next Topic: Stale JDBC Connections
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:38:18 CDT 2024