Home » Developer & Programmer » JDeveloper, Java & XML » Loading large XML-Files into 9i
Loading large XML-Files into 9i [message #91927] Thu, 25 September 2003 09:03 Go to next message
Ivan Brozicevic
Hi,
for analysis purposes we have to design and create reporting Servers using oracle 9.2.
Now I am evaluating the best way to load large amount of XML-data into the database.

I was able to load some XML-Files into the database. But the performace is quite terrible for our purposes.
The first approch was to use the XMLType CLOB. I also tried the Structured XML Storage.
In both cases I used java to load the Files into the database.

I'm not shure, if storing large amount of XML data into database is "the way" for me.
In next steps I have also to process this data in acceptable time. It could be a problem.

Now we are thinking about a way to take XML Files, parse it and store the Data into a relational table.
Somthing like oracle Loader for XML.

I would be thankful for any hints.
Re: Loading large XML-Files into 9i [message #126788 is a reply to message #91927] Wed, 06 July 2005 11:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sapnaoracle
hi,
I ahve seen your question and wanted to know the solution u found out because I am asigned a similar task of loading xml data file into oracle .I am thinking of using sqlloader because the load is not too large.
Can u give me ur opinion plzz.
Thank you,
Sapna
Re: Loading large XML-Files into 9i [message #157544 is a reply to message #126788] Fri, 03 February 2006 02:18 Go to previous message
lokeya
To load xml files into the database(CLOB column is this is where you want to put your xml) use: DBMS_LOB.LoadCLOBFromFile() to do the job.

It does the following :

Reads the files which you have placed in a dir in ur OS.
Use the above method and insert into the CLOB column in the DB.

Previous Topic: empty xmlns attribute in child elements
Next Topic: Oracle 9: Protocol Violation (Blob)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:49:39 CDT 2024