Home » Developer & Programmer » JDeveloper, Java & XML » Runtime java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError
Runtime java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError [message #91513] Tue, 15 October 2002 22:12 Go to next message
Manoj
Hi,

When I write the following in my java code
my code compiles but throws an exception at run time.

DriverManager.registerDriver (new oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver());
Class.forName("oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver");

con=DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:oracle:oci8:@demotest","manoj","manoj");

Exception at runtime thrown is as follows

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no ocijdbc8 in
java.library.path(OracleDriver.java)

Kindly help me out
Regards
Manoj
Re: Runtime java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError [message #91516 is a reply to message #91513] Wed, 16 October 2002 04:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
are u sure that the JDBC-OCI shared object (libocijdbc8 or liboci80Xjdbc.so, etc.) and $ORACLE_HOME/lib are in your path??.
Re: Runtime java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError [message #91527 is a reply to message #91513] Thu, 17 October 2002 02:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manoj
I could solve the problem by reinstalling oracle 8i again.
Re: Runtime java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError [message #92321 is a reply to message #91527] Thu, 03 June 2004 13:50 Go to previous message
Thiru Doddi
While establishing the database connection, oracle jdbc driver uses oci native libraries to make a connection to the database. If it doesn't get a proper set of driver classes, this error is thrown at run time. Please put the classes12.jar file that comes along with Oracle installation in your classpath. This will solve this problem.
Previous Topic: Stored Function in oracle
Next Topic: cannot map unicode to oracle character
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 02:00:16 CDT 2024