Home » Developer & Programmer » JDeveloper, Java & XML » Applet - Oracle Database connectivity Problems
Applet - Oracle Database connectivity Problems [message #91392] Wed, 07 August 2002 14:24 Go to next message
Abhijeet
Hi,

Im trying to connect to an Oracle 8i database using an Applet. My web server and database are both on the same host. I cant seem to be able to do that .... keep getting a driver not found error...it compiles fine though...only after I run the html file.

I can connect to the database using the same code when i run it as an application ... but with an applet I seem to get a driver not found error on the java console that comes up when the applet is run..

are there some special settings/drivers that have to be included for applets for database connectivity?

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: oracle/jdbc/driver/OracleDriver

at OutputApplet.run(OutputApplet.java:47)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)

This is the error i get on the console and line 47 in my java source file is

DriverManager.registerDriver(new oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver());

Can anyone suggest something ?
Thanks ..
Abhijeet
Re: Applet - Oracle Database connectivity Problems [message #91395 is a reply to message #91392] Thu, 08 August 2002 05:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
You need to add the JDBC classesxxx.zip to your CLASSPATH. This file will be in $ORACLE_HOME/jdbc/lib
and also
include the current working  directory (directory in which the .class file is present) in CLASSPATH

Re: Applet - Oracle Database connectivity Problems [message #92299 is a reply to message #91392] Fri, 21 May 2004 06:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
prateek
i am facing similar problem that u r facing please send any solutions
Re: Applet - Oracle Database connectivity Problems [message #92318 is a reply to message #92299] Thu, 03 June 2004 03:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
manoj khampariya
r/s
please send me full code of applet connectivity with oracle
Explain path how to configure
and let me know requirements
please send me soon
thanking u
Re: Applet - Oracle Database connectivity Problems [message #92330 is a reply to message #91395] Tue, 08 June 2004 07:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bhavesh Jashnani
Hi
I had a similar problem. You should try archiving your oracle driver. If u r using classes12.jar, just add:
ARCHIVE="classes12.jar"
in your applet tag in the html file. if that doesnt work try adding your applets class file also in this jar file.
hope it helps.
bhavesh
Re: Applet - Oracle Database connectivity Problems [message #92332 is a reply to message #92299] Tue, 08 June 2004 07:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bhavesh Jashnani
Hi
I had a similar problem. You should try archiving your oracle driver. If u r using classes12.jar, just add:
ARCHIVE="classes12.jar"
in your applet tag in the html file. if that doesnt work try adding your applets class file also in this jar file.
hope it helps.
bhavesh
Re: Applet - MS-Access Database connectivity Problems [message #92365 is a reply to message #92318] Wed, 16 June 2004 21:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sri
send me some example programmes for applet data base connectivity.
Re: Applet - Oracle Database connectivity Problems [message #92473 is a reply to message #92318] Tue, 03 August 2004 20:46 Go to previous message
sandip
please send me full code of applet connectivity with oracle
Explain path how to configure
and let me know requirements
please send me soon
thanking u
Previous Topic: Oracle Web Developer Survey
Next Topic: XML ORACLE and £
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:46:58 CDT 2024