Home » Developer & Programmer » JDeveloper, Java & XML » File handling using java stored procedures
File handling using java stored procedures [message #91334] Tue, 16 July 2002 20:29 Go to next message
Omar Khan
I have a java procedure that writes/reads files from the OS. The java code was working fine when run standalone, but when loaded into the database using loadjava, it accesses only the files located on the server. I want it to access files on the client machine. Is is anyhow possible, please help
Re: File handling using java stored procedures [message #91396 is a reply to message #91334] Thu, 08 August 2002 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damien Michalosky
Hi,

I am having the same problem. I would like to define it by saying files (File object) can only be accessed locally only when loaded and run through Oracle:
"C:\temp" but not "\\oraserver\temp" where temp is the name of the share on machine oraserver. When running the java files locally, network shares can be accessed. Please note that mapping \oraservertemp to S: drive did not help the issue.

Any help would be appreciated.

Damien
Re: File handling using java stored procedures [message #91398 is a reply to message #91334] Fri, 09 August 2002 07:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damien Michalosky
Hi,

I am having the same problem. I would like to define it by saying files (File object) can only be accessed locally only when loaded and run through Oracle:
"C:\temp" but not "\\oraserver\temp" where temp is the name of the share on machine oraserver. When running the java files locally, network shares can be accessed. Please note that mapping \oraservertemp to S: drive did not help the issue.

Any help would be appreciated.

Damien
File handling using java stored procedures [message #91752 is a reply to message #91334] Wed, 05 February 2003 05:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mohammaed javeed
Hello Sir/Madam,

Plz help me out in writing sql statements for adding,deleting and retrieving files from the database.

With regards,
Mohammed Javeed
Re: File handling using java stored procedures [message #92265 is a reply to message #91334] Tue, 11 May 2004 23:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Piyush Patel
I want to request you to send me the code that will help me to edit java code in java file....
Re: File handling using java stored procedures [message #92349 is a reply to message #92265] Fri, 11 June 2004 20:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Prateek Batra
I request you to send me that code that will help me to edit java code in java file....
Re: File handling using java stored procedures [message #92454 is a reply to message #92265] Fri, 23 July 2004 00:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sajith
please send me the details of stored procedure using java with examples
Re: File handling using java stored procedures [message #92783 is a reply to message #92349] Mon, 17 January 2005 07:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ravi k dehariya
Respeted sir
my porbelom is this
WHen we compile the program ask the name and if we give the name then reply me thanks
Re: File handling using java stored procedures [message #109031 is a reply to message #92349] Mon, 21 February 2005 05:25 Go to previous message
chandan kumar
I request you to send me that code that will help me to edit java code in java file.
Previous Topic: Callable Statement (urgent please help me)
Next Topic: How to Connect JAVA app to Oracle 8.0.5
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 15:37:01 CDT 2024