Home » Server Options » Streams & AQ » Propagation rules
Propagation rules [message #75674] Sun, 25 January 2004 22:49 Go to next message
Andreas Necker
Hi,
I'm looking for an propagation rule example.
I have 3 databases and want to propagate changes of t1@db1 to t1@db2 or t1@db3 depending on column c1 of table t1. If c1 = 1 then propagate to db2 else propagate to db3.
I have created database links and queues and tried to alter the propagation rules but it doesn't work.

TIA
Andreas
Re: Propagation rules [message #75680 is a reply to message #75674] Wed, 04 February 2004 10:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ilver
Hi Andreas,

As I read your question: It seems to me as you are seeing the contributor to have the resposibility for pushing messages forward to the subscriber. It don't have to be the case. It is actually a lot more "the aq-way" to have the subscriber define what they want to get and given the contributors in your aq-infrastructure, it is then a task solved by Oracle how to route the mesages. This wil make you aq-infrastructure maintainable and easy to understand.
So,
What you actually need is very depending of the architecture of the aq-infrastructure you'r using.

If this hint doesn't help you, let me know some more details about your aq-infrastructure, and mayby I can tip you against solving your problæem.

Brgds ilver
Re: Propagation rules = Oracle9i Stream [message #75691 is a reply to message #75674] Tue, 09 March 2004 11:03 Go to previous message
anjan saikia
Chapter 20 -21 Streams documentation -rel -2 will help you.

Anjan.
Previous Topic: No Capture: 1 way only -> Help needed
Next Topic: Streams Slow, high CPU usage
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 07:35:01 CDT 2024