Home » Server Options » Replication » Question on refreshing Materialised Views in
Question on refreshing Materialised Views in [message #75434] Tue, 23 December 2003 03:56
Donald ferreira
Hi,
I was trying to create a MV on a Oracle Financials view ar_payment_schedules table, which didn't worked, so I created the MV on it's standard table ar_payment_schedules_all. This table contains around 1400216 records. Following were the steps which I performed :
-Create MV log on the table
-Create MV refresh fast with the select statements which has quite a decode and sum statements, on the above table, START WITH SYSDATE
NEXT SYSDATE+0.0001
-the first time I try to query the MV, I see the data, BUT after that for ages, I don't see any records in the MV, it's just empty all the time. I know during the refresh the MV goes emoty on complete refresh

I would like if someone could tell me, how to get the real time data in my MV. Like there is a modification in the standard table and it is refreshed in 5-10 minutes in my MV, keeping the other records intact and only updating the required ones from the log table

I will appreciate if you can advice me on the same

greetings
Donald Ferreira
Previous Topic: What if Master Definition Site is down?
Next Topic: Materialized view cannot be used in OLTP
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 05:18:20 CDT 2024