Home » Server Options » Replication » Clone/Migration database from Sun Solaris to AIX
Clone/Migration database from Sun Solaris to AIX [message #75211] Fri, 12 July 2002 10:34
Vance Wu
Hi Oracle Guru,

My current production database is running on Sun Solaris, I want to duplicate the production database onto AIX platform.

Is there a easy way to clone a database from Sun (Solaris 2.6) to AIX (4.3) without re-creating new database on AIX and exp/imp the data, assuming Oracle installed is same version (EE 8.1.7) in both OS platforms.

Because the script we have for re-creating the database may not match the current production database schema, from time to time more objects have been added to the production database, even-though the script was updated but never been tested, I'm afraid they are not identical.

If re-creating the database is unavoidable, do I need to perform full-export/full-import? Do I need to create a empty database first with same database name, tablespaces, sizes, users.. similar to the production database? Then for the schema, how can I duplicate the schema (there is a lot of objects)? Then exp/imp the data from the tables.. Can some one point me to the right direction step by step.

Thanks in advanced.
Vance.
Previous Topic: nls_lang
Next Topic: Reg Snapshots
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 06:56:35 CDT 2024