Home » Server Options » Replication » Apps running on a snapshot replication environment
Apps running on a snapshot replication environment [message #74998] Mon, 29 January 2001 16:40 Go to next message
Irving
Hi everybody,

Recently we were proving our apps in an snapshot replication environment. We have a little question: if the dblink between master and snapshot sites is lost, should the apps remain running? If so, does somebody have any idea why our apps can't do this?

Any help will be very appreciated.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: Apps running on a snapshot replication environment [message #75000 is a reply to message #74998] Tue, 30 January 2001 22:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eddie
Hi,

What exactly has been lost? The DB link has been dropped or the network connection was broken?
Oracle will try to run the push and refresh jobs 16 times after that they will be marked as broken and no replication will take place.
But your application shouldn't be affected of this... just the data won't be synchronized.

Best regards,
Edward Hayrabedian

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: Apps running on a snapshot replication environment [message #75522 is a reply to message #75000] Tue, 13 July 2004 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rama
I have asked by my project manager to put up a document for replicating Oracle Apps 11i. We have production environment running in DC and we want to replicate it in India. I am new here with replication. So Can anybody help me in give me a lead towards this or provide me with the documents implemented.
Re: Apps running on a snapshot replication environment [message #75561 is a reply to message #75522] Mon, 25 October 2004 06:14 Go to previous message
Prasad
Hey Ram,

Have you got any solution for replication 11i environment. Can you please share with me.

Thanks and would appreciate your response.

-Prasad
Previous Topic: MATERIALIZED VIEW
Next Topic: Creating Replication Group
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:11:41 CDT 2024