Home » Server Options » RAC & Failsafe » RAC on Linux (Urgent)
RAC on Linux (Urgent) [message #74898] Sun, 06 June 2004 21:50 Go to next message
Daljit Singh
Hi,

I have installed oracle 9i RAC on Linux 3.0 successfully and able to create the DB also. But when i try to start the DB from the primary node it gives me the error :

ORA-29760 instance_number parameter not specified

But i have checked in my inti.ora as well as in spfile the instance number is propely set. And when i try to start the DB from some another node that it give me error

ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel

I searched alot but unable to find any solution. You are requested to reply ASAP bcz its bit urgent.

Thanx in advance

Daljit Singh
Re: RAC on Linux (Urgent) [message #74899 is a reply to message #74898] Tue, 08 June 2004 20:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ashokmote
hi daljit,

i think u have to set instance no. and thread no. only in local parameter file . spfile is common for both nodes . u have common parameters in spfile.where as in local parameter file u will have only ur local instance no. and thread no. and path which points spfile.

if u get solution please mention it.

bye
ashok
Re: RAC on Linux (Urgent) [message #74900 is a reply to message #74899] Tue, 08 June 2004 23:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Daljit Singh
Hi Ashok,

I have done it actually all of things were all right but the problem was we have to set the env variable ORACLE_SID to the instance name instead of the real SID of the DB before starting the DB. After doing this the RAC clustered DB is ready for use.

And we have to mention that instance no and thread no in local as well as spfile.You are right that spfile is common for all the nodes but remember that while starting up all the instance will read that spfile and this parameters should be there in that file.

Anyway thanx for reply.

Daljit Singh
Re: RAC on Linux (Urgent) [message #74907 is a reply to message #74898] Thu, 22 July 2004 14:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sreekanth
Any update on this error?

I am experiencing the same error. My ORACLE_SID was set. My initparameters are set properly.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Sreekanth
Re: RAC on Linux (Urgent) [message #74917 is a reply to message #74898] Wed, 08 September 2004 18:30 Go to previous message
Zion Yun
Set cluster_interconnects parameter in the initSID.ora
good luck!
Previous Topic: desparately seeking p3095277_9204_TRU64.zip
Next Topic: New to RAC.help
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 11:15:42 CDT 2024