Home » Server Options » RAC & Failsafe » Problems installing Oracle RAC
Problems installing Oracle RAC [message #74878] Mon, 26 January 2004 02:38
Silvia
Hello,
I've two servers in cluster mode with W2K Advanced Server, and a RAID-5 array of 4 disks shared by both of them. My problem is that I've installed The Cluster Service of Windows in order to have an active/passive configuration of my servers, because I have a common directory structure that is accessed by the PC's of the LAN.
By another hand, I want to install Oracle Real Application Cluster to manage my Oracle database but after create the extended partition and the logical drives when I execute the file preinstallation_racclustersetupclustersetup.exe to create the cluster, when I select the option Create a cluster the following error message appears me:

"Any disk Oracle partition has been found. Stop this wizard, create an Oracle partition and try it
again."

I'd like to know if it's possible to have the Service Cluster of Windows 2k and the Oracle clusterware?¿ Altough before begining the installation I've stopped my Cluster Service as documentation suggests. If somebody knows what it's happening to me I'd be really very grateful.
Thanks in advance,
Silvia
Previous Topic: Oracle Parallel Server
Next Topic: 9i RAC configuration question
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:56:17 CDT 2024