Home » Server Options » Data Guard » autostart 9i/Solaris Data Guard config
autostart 9i/Solaris Data Guard config [message #68566] Fri, 05 March 2004 02:51 Go to next message
PTS
Anyone have experience with correctly bringing up a 9i/unix (Solaris)physical-standby Data Guard configuration correctly on server reboot?  I have the physical standby on a server separate from the primary instance.  Against my advice, both servers depend on the same power source -- via a UPS hooked up to a power supply that acts up fairly frequently.  I want to make sure the standby comes up after the primary, and successfully reaches database managed recovery mode.

I will autostart the standby listener, agent, etc from the /etc/ directories, but need to know whether autostarting the primary will trigger an appropriate autostart of the standby (as happens, for instance, when the configuration is offlined and the onlined, or whether that all needs to be scripted and run frm rc3.

THANKS.
Re: autostart 9i/Solaris Data Guard config [message #68567 is a reply to message #68566] Fri, 05 March 2004 02:56 Go to previous message
PTS
Reply email for this post is wrybread@ieee.org. Thanks
Previous Topic: different o/s version b/w prod and standby?
Next Topic: A problem about standby database
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 20:05:58 CDT 2024