Home » RDBMS Server » Enterprise Manager » How to add a remote database to OMS console tree(not standalone console)
How to add a remote database to OMS console tree(not standalone console) [message #68438] Thu, 18 September 2003 07:23 Go to next message
Chinmay Anand
How can I see various databases from the window's network in my OMS console. I am having entries for them in my tnsnames.ora?
My requirement is to compare two databases running on two different machines. I am planning to use Oracle Management Server for the purpose.

I have installed Oracle Management Server from oracle 9.0.1 on my Windows XP machine. In my tnsnames.ora I have added the entries for various oracle databases from our windows networking.

If OEM console is opened in "Launch standalone" mode, then I could add these databases running on multiple machines to the tree, and I could manage these remote oracle servers.
*** BUT ***
If OEM console is opened in "Login to the Oracle Management Server" mode, then only the local server is available under the database node. How can I see the list of database entries from tnsnames.ora in the OMS console.
Re: How to add a remote database to OMS console tree(not standalone console) [message #68440 is a reply to message #68438] Thu, 18 September 2003 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
the intelligent agent must be running in the remote node.
have entries in your tnsnames.ora
discover the node.
discover the databases.
Re: How to add a remote database to OMS console tree(not standalone console) [message #68443 is a reply to message #68440] Fri, 19 September 2003 00:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chinmay Anand
I have two more machines (in addition to my local machine) on the network named mac1 and mac2.
mac1 is running WinXP and mac2 is running WinNT4.0 workstation.

In OMS console(Oracle901 client on my local machine) I tried to discover the node.
It could detect mac1 but mac2 could not be detected.
But OEM standalone console could detect both the machines.

The oracle specific services running on the two machines (which were installed by default) are as follows:

MAC1-WinXP-Oracle817 server
OracleORA817TNSListenerACS, OracleServicesACS,
OracleORA817Agent, OracleORA817DataGatherer, OracleSNMPPeerMasterAgent

MAC2-WinNt4.0WorkStation-Oracle816 server
OracleORA816TNSListenerACS, OracleServiceACS

Do I need to install some more services on mac2 so that OMS console will be able to detect it?

Thanks,
Chinmay
Re: How to add a remote database to OMS console tree(not standalone console) [message #68445 is a reply to message #68443] Fri, 19 September 2003 18:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
intelligent agent should be available in all available nodes.
Re: How to add a remote database to OMS console tree(not standalone console) [message #68493 is a reply to message #68445] Wed, 10 December 2003 03:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Will Metcalf
Hi,

I'm having a similar problem. Please provide some examples of Intelligent Agents - services.

Kind regards,

Will
Re: How to add a remote database to OMS console tree(not standalone console) [message #68934 is a reply to message #68445] Sun, 13 February 2005 19:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul Creamer
same here..
Despite this thread being old...thought I would research the same problems.

My email is pjc@pcreamer.com .... plz email any discussion along with posting.
Re: How to add a remote database to OMS console tree(not standalone console) [message #309630 is a reply to message #68438] Fri, 28 March 2008 04:05 Go to previous message
julian9801
Agent disovers database with the global name configured in the listener.ora, so you should add entry to listener.ora. The example below set PHS_GLOBAL as the global name for instance phs. And then agent can discovers the database, hence OMS can discover the database, too.

LISTENER =
(DESCRIPTION_LIST =
(DESCRIPTION =
(ADDRESS_LIST =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = MICHAEL)(PORT = 1521))
)
(ADDRESS_LIST =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = IPC)(KEY = EXTPROC0))
)
)
)

SID_LIST_LISTENER =
(SID_LIST =
(SID_DESC =
(SID_NAME = PLSExtProc)
(ORACLE_HOME = d:\oracle\oracle9)
(PROGRAM = extproc)
)
(SID_DESC =
(GLOBAL_DBNAME = PHS_GLOBAL)