Home » RDBMS Server » Performance Tuning » To get performance log file for improving performanec on oracle server
To get performance log file for improving performanec on oracle server [message #65459] Thu, 23 September 2004 09:46 Go to next message
gurinder
Sir i want to get the performanec log file from oracle that in that file i can get which query is taking more time and what are the worst areas which we can improve performance after reading that file and can i run all the utilities on production data base also, please send me step by step procedure of how i can create performane log file and how can i retreive data from performance log file.
Thanx Gurinder
Re: To get performance log file for improving performanec on oracle server [message #65460 is a reply to message #65459] Thu, 23 September 2004 20:30 Go to previous message
Daljit Singh
Hi,

If you are using oracle 8.1.7 or higher than you can use statspack to collect your system related statistics which you can use as a base to do anything with your server. Or prior to 8.1.7 you can use utlbstat/utlestat for the same. You can find the steps to use these utilities in oracle doc very easily.

Daljit Singh.
Previous Topic: Working of ROWNUM?
Next Topic: Perfectly tuning a Query
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 08:38:05 CDT 2024