Home » RDBMS Server » Performance Tuning » Tunning the performance
Tunning the performance [message #64819] Fri, 13 February 2004 05:47 Go to next message
Mahesh
Hi Buddies,

I am learning Oracle Database Adminsitration, right now i want to know how the DBA will know this is the correct time for tunning the performance of the database.
Re: Tunning the performance [message #64821 is a reply to message #64819] Sat, 14 February 2004 04:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thiru
when its in design/development phase , when its in testing ..thats probably the best phase for performance tuning with the highest ROI( return on investment).
when the users start complaining about performance in load test/production !
when the actual throughput (for eg tps) doesnt come close to the expected throughput,in test/production phase.

Never get into 'compulsive tuning' as you can never stop! Also note that whenever there is a change(eg database upgrade , host upgrade , application change , data model change , business requirements change, total/concurrent usage change etc etc ) you are very likely to be called in to investigate something or the other related to performance.

-Thiru
Re: Tunning the performance [message #64822 is a reply to message #64819] Sat, 14 February 2004 05:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Bartov
I just posted a new release of dbAdmin which is a comprehensive, easy to use, integrated set of tools that allow a novice as well as an experienced Oracle DBA, to manage, monitor, diagnosis and tune the Oracle database 8i as well as 9i. It is also an excellent DBA learning tool as it includes a wealth of functions from managing tables to comparing two schemas, from monitoring the library cache hit ratio to building your own KPIs, with the option the view all the SQLs executed behind the scene. I will appreciate any feedbacks to make it even better. The link is http://www.barsoft.net my email address is mbartov@barsoft.net

Michel.
Re: Tunning the performance [message #65302 is a reply to message #64822] Tue, 27 July 2004 03:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
badri
How to do the performance tunning in oracle 9i
Re: Tunning the performance [message #65326 is a reply to message #65302] Wed, 04 August 2004 22:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Badri Narayan Jha
PLz suggest for performance issue in Oracle 9.0.2
Re: Tunning the performance [message #65356 is a reply to message #64822] Tue, 17 August 2004 11:48 Go to previous message
bipin
I like yr site more helpful to me
i need more knowledge of DBA so this sitehelp me
thanks
Previous Topic: Historical cost of 8i Tuning Pack licence
Next Topic: Sql Trace in VB
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 20:30:19 CDT 2024