Home » Server Options » RAC & Failsafe » RAC on Linux 3.0 (Urgent)
RAC on Linux 3.0 (Urgent) [message #61847] Sun, 06 June 2004 21:51 Go to next message
Daljit Singh
Hi,

I have installed oracle 9i RAC on Linux 3.0 successfully and able to create the DB also. But when i try to start the DB from the primary node it gives me the error :

ORA-29760 instance_number parameter not specified

But i have checked in my inti.ora as well as in spfile the instance number is propely set. And when i try to start the DB from some another node that it give me error

ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel

I searched alot but unable to find any solution. You are requested to reply ASAP bcz its bit urgent.

Thanx in advance

Daljit Singh
Re: RAC on Linux 3.0 (Urgent) [message #61853 is a reply to message #61847] Mon, 07 June 2004 00:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas G
First, there is no Linux 3.0. the latest Kernel is 2.6.6 (Latest snapshot is 2.6.7-rc2-bk7 from yesterday)

And the only thing I can think of is that either instance_number is misspelled in the init.ora, or you have not changed it in the right init.ora.

Is it the initORALCE_SID.ora in $ORACLE_HOME ?
Re: RAC on Linux 3.0 (Urgent) [message #61876 is a reply to message #61853] Mon, 07 June 2004 20:30 Go to previous message
Daljit Singh
Hi,

Thanx for the reply, but i was talking about Linux Advance Server 3.0 and it is available. Moreover i am looking at the right init.ora as well as SP file and the parameter instance_number is also OK.

Well the good thing is i have done it actually all of things were all right but the problem was we have to set the env variable ORACLE_SID to the instance name instead of the real SID of the DB before starting the DB. After doing this the RAC clustered DB is ready for use.

Thanx once again for reply.

Daljit Singh
Previous Topic: RAC without shared storage
Next Topic: Oracle RAC - Distribution of services
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 04:19:23 CDT 2024