Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » LOV issues (Oracle forms 12c, O/S: Windows 10 pro)
LOV issues [message #679101] Tue, 04 February 2020 20:28 Go to next message
buggleboy007
/foru/forum/fa/14269/0/

I have a form which has 2 LOVs(STUDENT_LOV, COURSE_LOV), one against student id text box and the other against course section id text box.
When I invoke/select a specific student if (by pressing CTRL + L key), and click OK, the selected student is then displayed against it's associated fields( first name, last name).
When I select course section id (by pressing CTRL + L key), then the associated courses that the student has enrolled is displayed and that's how I want. But when I double click any one of the record from that LOV, the LOV closes and does not transfer the selected record onto the respective text boxes.

The query that I am using in Course_LOV:
SELECT E.c_sec_id,
       C.call_id,
       T.term_desc,
       E.GRADE,
       S.s_id
FROM enrollment E, course_section CS, term T, course C, student S
WHERE E.C_SEC_ID= CS.c_sec_id
AND C.course_id = CS.course_id
AND CS.term_id = T.term_id
AND S.s_id = E.S_ID
AND E.s_id = :STUDENT.student_id
ORDER BY E.C_SEC_ID
How do I correct this problem?
Re: LOV issues [message #679105 is a reply to message #679101] Wed, 05 February 2020 03:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
The thing that controls that is the column mapping properties of the LOV.
Specifically the Return Item - that tells forms which datablock item to put the LOV column value in.
So, have you set that correctly?
Re: LOV issues [message #679109 is a reply to message #679105] Wed, 05 February 2020 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
buggleboy007
As far as I recall, there is only one data block on the form. So this means only 1 table. However my query is fetching data from multiple tables. It's quite likely that I might have goofed up the Return Item on it.

I will take a look and fix the issue. Once done, I will post my results.
Re: LOV issues [message #679123 is a reply to message #679105] Fri, 07 February 2020 10:45 Go to previous message
buggleboy007
cookiemonster wrote on Wed, 05 February 2020 03:03
The thing that controls that is the column mapping properties of the LOV.
Specifically the Return Item - that tells forms which datablock item to put the LOV column value in.
So, have you set that correctly?
Thanks CM. You were absolutely correct about it. I took a look at the column mapping property and mapped it correctly besides removing ' S.s_id' from my query.That fixed the issue.

The LOV now behaves the way it is supposed to Smile
Previous Topic: Does any one of you have - Oracle 9i Developer by J.A.Palinski
Next Topic: FRM-92101 oracle.forms.net.ConnectionException: Forms session
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:31:33 CDT 2024