Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Oracle forms (Oracle 12g)
Oracle forms [message #675394] Tue, 26 March 2019 08:41 Go to next message
blackcat90
Hi All,

I am working on the Purchas Order form and everytime I try to query on the purchase order lines ,it gives me a message "Do you want to save the changes you made ".I have not made any changes. I just open an existing Purchase order and try to query the lines but the message pops up. Kindly please help meto remove the message
Re: Oracle forms [message #675395 is a reply to message #675394] Tue, 26 March 2019 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
You may not believe you've made any changes but trust me, you have.
Probably you've written some code that forces changes automatically without realizing it.

Forms will ask that question if the :system.record_status is either INSERT or CHANGED.

Are you using execute_query to populate the block(s)?
Are you modifying the values of any database item in post-query (or any other trigger that can fire while you're looking at the data)?
Re: Oracle forms [message #675397 is a reply to message #675394] Wed, 27 March 2019 00:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Neveen2019
Hi
Check the POST-QUERY Trigger may be you select the database table_id into it's form id
As in the following example.
SELECT ID, CUST_NAME
INTO  :ID, :CUST_NAME
FROM ORDERS

You can also CHECK TRIGGERS on the database block with the same concept as stated.
may be any called program unit is called from that block.

Please remove any old form triggers that you are not in need of.

Amatu Allah.
Re: Oracle forms [message #675402 is a reply to message #675397] Wed, 27 March 2019 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
blackcat90
@cookiemonster

Hi , I am new to working in forms.As information gathered from around the po form is a seeded form and i have tried to remove all the personalisations and then query .But if i press f11 ,the pop message still appears .Could you tel me how to fix so that the message do not appear.

Also i checked that as soon as i open the po form ,the status of po _lines is by default as "Changed" while the status of the po header is "Query"
Re: Oracle forms [message #675403 is a reply to message #675402] Wed, 27 March 2019 08:54 Go to previous message
cookiemonster
Well how is the po_lines block getting populated?

If it's populated using execute_query then it's status should be QUERY unless you've got some trigger code (post-query remains the most likely suspect for that) that forces a change by modifying one or more database items in the block.
If you're not using execute_query to populate it then that'll be the problem.

[Updated on: Wed, 27 March 2019 08:55]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Master Detail stored procedure in oracle forms 6i
Next Topic: Looping to add new data of system generated number
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 04:51:48 CDT 2024