Home » Developer & Programmer » Data Integration » SSIS Issue Connecting to Oracle - 0x80040e51 / "cannot derive parameter, SetParameter not called" (Oracle 11g.2.0.4.0, SQL Server Data Tools (SSIS) 2017 )
SSIS Issue Connecting to Oracle - 0x80040e51 / "cannot derive parameter, SetParameter not called" [message #668601] Tue, 06 March 2018 10:52 Go to next message
edgeofblade
I'm hoping there will be some love for an SSIS junkie who is new to the Oracle world. I'm upgrading SSIS packages from 2008 to 2017 and having a persistent issue with getting Oracle sources to respond to... well, anything.

If you search for this from the SSIS end of the spectrum, the answer seems simple: Oracle connections don't like "parameters" in SSIS and we should concatenate user variables in expressions into our SQL. Except, in this case, I don't have any parameters to speak of in the query. In fact, I can reduce the query to a bare test query to ensure that, and yet I still get 80040e51: "Provider cannot derive parameter information and SetParameterInfo has not been called. (Microsoft OLE DB Provider for Oracle)"

If we create all new packages, in a new project, with a new connections, it still occurs.

Any thoughts? Anything to be done on the DB side?

[Updated on: Tue, 06 March 2018 11:07]

Report message to a moderator

Re: SSIS Issue Connecting to Oracle - 0x80040e51 / "cannot derive parameter, SetParameter not called" [message #668602 is a reply to message #668601] Tue, 06 March 2018 11:08 Go to previous message
BlackSwan
NOTHING you have posted provides any inkling that Oracle is part of problem or solution.

Consider the following reality.
EVERY connection request that is received by Oracle listener is logged.
If there is NO record in the listener log file showing a connection request originated by SSIS, then root cause & solution are exclusive to Microsoft world.

So post the logged connection request from SSIS back here, if it exists.
If no such record exists, then go find appropriate Microsoft forum to post this issue there.

Best Wishes!
Previous Topic: password in the OdiSftpPut object
Next Topic: ODI installer version 10.1.3.5 Unix compatibility
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 06:21:10 CDT 2024