Home » Developer & Programmer » Application Express, ORDS & MOD_PLSQL » Running ORDS standalone (ORDS 17.4)
Running ORDS standalone [message #667959] Fri, 26 January 2018 07:49
John Watson
The ORDS doc says this, "Standalone mode is suitable for development use and is supported in production deployments. Standalone mode, however, has minimal management capabilities when compared to most Java EE application servers and may not have adequate management capabilities for production use in some environments." I'm not clear on the inadequate management facilities, except that Tomcat does quite a lot of logging that with ORDS standalone you haved to configure. Standalone mode became supported in release 3, in release 2 they said "Standalone mode is suitable for development use only, and is not supported for use in production deployments. Use a supported Java EE application server for production deployments."

So far I've always deployed ORDS to one of the supported containers, but recently I've done some tests with ORDS 17.4 (using Jmeter to simulate up to 400 users working in an application) and it seems to me that ORDS standalone performs comparably to ORDS deployed to Tomcat. No particular configuration in either case, pretty much straight out of the box except that I raised the JDBC connection pool size from default.

Is anyone using ORDS standalone for production purposes? What do you think of it?

Thank you for any insight.

Previous Topic: Export XML
Next Topic: About export and Import in other Aplication ( <> schema )
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 02:57:18 CDT 2024