Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » set_block_property
set_block_property [message #666279] Wed, 25 October 2017 07:14 Go to next message
adil shakeel
i WANT TO USE "SET_BLOCK_PROPERTY" IN THE TRIGGER AT THE FORM LEVEL IN WHEN NEW FORM INSTANCE TRIGGER.
, SO THAT IF USER1 OPENS THE FORM THEN IT DISPLAYS MESSAGE "YOU HAVE NO RIGHTS TO VIEW THIS FORM"

pLEASE GUIDE ME.

secondly logic I want to apply is that when any particular group of users opens the same form then form does not allow update. Only insert should be allowed.

Please guide me.

Re: set_block_property [message #666283 is a reply to message #666279] Wed, 25 October 2017 07:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Quote:

IF USER1 OPENS THE FORM THEN IT DISPLAYS MESSAGE "YOU HAVE NO RIGHTS TO VIEW THIS FORM"
You don't need SET_BLOCK_PROPERTY there - display a message and EXIT_FORM.

Quote:

when any particular group of users opens the same form then form does not allow update. Only insert should be allowed
Oracle handles that itself. Let users work normally and update values if they want. Another user, who tries to do the same, will get the message that someone else performed update and that you should re-query data to see changes.
Re: set_block_property [message #666288 is a reply to message #666279] Wed, 25 October 2017 07:57 Go to previous message
joy_division
For the second part, use set_block_property with update_allowed depending on the user. Yo have to come up with the logic, because you surely did not explain it well. At least that's how I understood it. Maybe Littlefoot was correct though. If you gave a clear explanation, most likely one of our answers will be correct.
Previous Topic: Oracle Forms System Tray Icon
Next Topic: user machine name
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 00:21:13 CDT 2024