Home » Infrastructure » Windows » [windows] srvctl : how to change the output language. (Oracle Restart / 12.1.0.2 / windows 7)
icon9.gif  [windows] srvctl : how to change the output language. [message #657453] Wed, 09 November 2016 04:49 Go to next message
nikko
Hello all.

I have a 12.1.0.2 DB (with Oracle restart) that was installed on a Windows server with FRENCH language configured (the customer is french).
=> the srvctl output are then in french.

I want to change them to english (because custom monitoring tools are parsing the output only if they are in english.)

I tried to set NLS_LANG, LANG, ... but all my attempts failed.

Please advise.

Note : On linux, setting the LANG env variable is working as expected.

Thanks in advance for your feedbacks.

Nicholas

[Updated on: Wed, 09 November 2016 04:53]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [windows] srvctl : how to change the output language. [message #657462 is a reply to message #657453] Wed, 09 November 2016 07:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

The messages are in French if your Windows is in French:
E:\>srvctl
Syntaxe : srvctl <command> <object> [<options>]
    commandes : enable|disable|start|stop|status|add|remove|modify|getenv|setenv|unsetenv|config|upgrade
    objets : database|service|asm|diskgroup|listener|home|ons
Pour obtenir de l'aide détaillée sur chaque commande (command) et objet (object), et sur les options correspondantes, utilisez :
  srvctl <command> -h or
  srvctl <command> <object> -h

E:\>set NLS_LANG
NLS_LANG=AMERICAN_AMERICA.WE8MSWIN1252
As far as I know you have no way to change it without changing Windows configuration which won't be harmless.

Re: [windows] srvctl : how to change the output language. [message #657485 is a reply to message #657462] Thu, 10 November 2016 01:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
OP found this solution, which he posted on the ORacle forums:
Quote:
I found the solution :

before any srvctl execution I set the following reg keys ( with the reg command )

"hkcu\Control Panel\International\sLocaleName and "hkcu\Control Panel\International\LocaleName to en-US

after execution, I revert these keys to their original values.

Re: [windows] srvctl : how to change the output language. [message #657487 is a reply to message #657485] Thu, 10 November 2016 02:17 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

Thanks for posting the solution.
Actually only the second one (LocaleName) is necessary (from the tests I made).
But this impacts all programs that relies on this parameter (all those that does not ask for a language during installation) and so, as I said, it may not be harmless.

Previous Topic: Could not hotload ZoneInfoFile
Next Topic: VS, ODAC, Procedures, & SELECT statement
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:16:26 CDT 2024