Home » Infrastructure » Windows » Could not hotload ZoneInfoFile (Oracle 11.2.0.4, Windows 7 Pro SP1)
Could not hotload ZoneInfoFile [message #655780] Mon, 12 September 2016 12:37 Go to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

New installation of 11.2.0.4 PSU 201607 on Windows 7 Pro SP1.

When creating the Java part using "?\javavm\install\initjvm.sql", I received the following message:
begin if initjvmaux.startstep('CREATE_JAVA_SYSTEM') then
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-29548: Java system class reported: java.lang.Error: Could not hotload ZoneInfoFile
ORA-06512: at "SYS.INITJVMAUX", line 23
ORA-06512: at line 5

The PL/SQL block executed is the following one:
begin if initjvmaux.startstep('CREATE_JAVA_SYSTEM') then
  initjvmaux.rollbacksetup;
  commit;
  initjvmaux.rollbackset;
  initjvmaux.exec('create or replace java system');
  commit;
  initjvmaux.rollbackcleanup;
  initjvmaux.endstep;
end if; end;
/
The error appears on the line:
initjvmaux.exec('create or replace java system');
And within this procedure on the following line:
execute immediate x;
with x set to 'create or replace java system'.

It's the first time I saw this and I found nothing on Google.
Anyone has already seen that?

Re: Could not hotload ZoneInfoFile [message #655785 is a reply to message #655780] Mon, 12 September 2016 22:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Barbara Boehmer
I have never seen the exact problem before and could not find the exact problem on the web either.

It looks like you have traced your problem as far as you can to:

create or replace java system

There are a variety of things on the web regarding errors at that point, but they all seem to be related to upgrading previous systems with invalid objects, not new installations. In those cases, the recommended solution seems to be to remove all java and start over:

"Run rmjvm.sql to remove the JVM first, then bounce the database then initjvm.sql."

I don't know if that will help in your case.
Re: Could not hotload ZoneInfoFile [message #655793 is a reply to message #655785] Tue, 13 September 2016 01:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

Thanks I will try this but, as I am creating the JVM, I'm not sure if dropping it will help.
For the moment, I reinstall the whole Oracle stuff (it is a new platform) as I realized I did not install the client and the examples as I did in the other platforms (don't know how it could impact the JVM in the server part but who knows...).

Re: Could not hotload ZoneInfoFile [message #656369 is a reply to message #655785] Tue, 04 October 2016 03:48 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

Just to tell you the end of the story.
The Java installation was corrupted, and maybe other parts of the system as I got multiple blue screens.
It took 3 weeks to reinstall due to a bug in the BIOS and wrong information from Dell support.
Now that everything is reinstalled, the problem disappeared.

Previous Topic: Oracle External Directory
Next Topic: [windows] srvctl : how to change the output language.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 06:19:37 CDT 2024