Home » Developer & Programmer » Application Express, ORDS & MOD_PLSQL » How to implement a delay event (Apex 4.2)
How to implement a delay event [message #640485] Wed, 29 July 2015 06:22 Go to next message
cornwall
I have a number of text items with a Submit button.

After entering the values in the text items the submit button is pressed.
This should then display a message in another hidden item which becomes visible.

I would like the text message to appear for 10seconds and then refresh the screen clearing all the values.

Is this possible
Re: How to implement a delay event [message #640526 is a reply to message #640485] Thu, 30 July 2015 04:56 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Why wouldn't you use Apex built-in capabilities? Create a process, let it submit items and display "Success message"? 10 seconds you mentioned is somewhat tricky. What if user is distracted by something and doesn't see the message at all? What if he wants to continue with his work before 10 seconds expire? Although your requirement looks like a nice automated process, I'm afraid that - at the end - it is not and does more harm than good.

Anyway: perhaps you could utilize dynamic actions with several "True" actions; the first one would submit the page, another one would wait for 10 seconds (PL/SQL's DBMS_LOCK.SLEEP) and the third one would clear item(s) (or, perhaps simpler, a region).
Previous Topic: file upload & download pl/sql server pages
Next Topic: Dynamic controls and session state
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 05:07:00 CDT 2024